• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 04:14:10 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

New Beers From Lidl/Aldi Dungarvan.

Started by Greg2013, September 18, 2015, 08:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

September 18, 2015, 08:47:12 PM Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 10:30:13 PM by Greg2013
 The beers on the left in pic I picked up in Lidl today €1.49/500ml. The four pack on the right of pic I picked up in Aldi today €4.99/4x330ml  ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

evansannagh

Sure not the other way around ?? Left Lidl right Aldi 😆

Drum

Did you mix up your left and right and lidl and aldi by any chance?

I bought the black lager on the left in lidl a few days ago.   Not bad at all, easy drinking lager with a lot of roast barley. kinda like a pint of half guinness, half lager

hopapotamus

:P shhhhhhhhhhhh keep the schwartz bier under wraps ...........im on my second crate of it .....buying it a few cans at a time while wearing diffrent hats

Greg2013

Quote from: Drum on September 18, 2015, 08:58:45 PM
Did you mix up your left and right and lidl and aldi by any chance?

I bought the black lager on the left in lidl a few days ago.   Not bad at all, easy drinking lager with a lot of roast barley. kinda like a pint of half guinness, half lager
Quote from: evansannagh on September 18, 2015, 08:55:11 PM
Sure not the other way around ?? Left Lidl right Aldi 😆

I always get things arse about face  :-[
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

Drinking the Festbier now, kinda like an amber pilsner to me, bit tinny on the palette but not a bad easy drinking beer even though it gets low marks on Ratebeer.  ;D

Greg2013

The Festbier was a bit meh but not the worst. Drinking the Schwarzbier now and it is way nicer,nice dark roast followed by a wallop of molasses.

hopapotamus

i have to agree , the fester beer is a bit meh this year , the schwarzbier is nice . wish they had it all the time . dont mention the sausages and predzels or the place will be over run

Drum

Quote from: hopapotamus on September 18, 2015, 09:00:53 PM
:P shhhhhhhhhhhh keep the schwartz bier under wraps ...........im on my second crate of it .....buying it a few cans at a time while wearing diffrent hats

Keep it to yourself but theres a few crates in the storeroom in lidl in bandon  ;)

LordEoin

Ciaran

Agree with the above, the Festbier isn't the worst, it's like a very malty lager and although I wouldn't rush to buy it, it's okay for the money. 

Black lager, sausages and pretzels you say .... ?  Haven't seen them in the north yet but I like the sound of all three.

mr hoppy

They've the Schwartz in togher and veltins for 1.99. Veltins is a fine german pilsner and a complete steal at that price. The Schwartz is very good for 1.49 but I'd say it's fairly heavy on the acid malt like the perlenbacher pils.

brenmurph

One of each in lidl 2day. Testdrive dem tmora !

TheDrunkenDestrier

Quote from: mrmeindl on September 19, 2015, 10:37:22 PM
Is that Kings of Tara stuff from Rye River?
Judging by the name and packaging, I'd say it's from the same crowd who are doing Finn McCool Irish craft lager. Based in England and N.I. I believe.

brenmurph

Both those lidl beers went down the drain ( before drinking them!)

The scwarts is not a real scwartsbier. they call it black lager. Its a half fermented cheap lager with treacle. Says its brewed in baden wurrtenburg and by german purity law. Its diacetyl laden and all treacle on the nose and taste.

The Festbier is amber ale like lager diacetyl as well. its very one dimential with nothing complx at all and completely loses it in the second half and leaves diacetyl and nothing else. it has no malt charactor and again I dought its german purity law. tastes caramelly / diacetyl no big malt and went down the sink after the black lager.

waste of 3 euros.
interested in others comments and opinions.

and lastly a german would not drink this rubbish. we spent 10 days recently in Baden Wurttenburg ( Stuttgart and the alps) and every one of the Numerous beers we had was superb whether from one of the breweries, local rural festivals, beergardens at the mineral baths or city pub, every one was proper german malty beer....sadly lidl are selling this as a real german beer...they dont state the brewery just the region...Id love to know who brewed this rubbish