• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 25, 2024, 01:43:39 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

It's Friday night, what are you drinking?

Started by LordEoin, April 18, 2015, 10:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delzep

Wouldn't be big fan of SN beers but this stuff is delicious...glad I took a punt on it. The perfect summer beer

Qs

Is that stuff in Ireland now? Been dying to try it.

I'm currently having a homebrewed Janet's Brown. It's really starting to come into its own.

delzep

Picked it up in Redmonds this evening  O0

dcalnan

I saw it in bradleys so it's definitely around. I researched the distilled hop oil, apparently they use 500lbs (2200kg) of hops to produce 100 litres of oil.
Anyway tonights drink was an amber ella.

mr hoppy

De Struise XXX Rye Tripel Reserva Bourbon Barrel, nice.

delzep

Had that a while back...the brewer name sold it to me (well apart from buying it their shop), but I was disappointed with it.

mr hoppy

delzep

mr hoppy

That is interesting. Don't think that was there last time I was there.

delzep

It's right beside the basilica of the holy blood on the Burg. There's a small arcade and it's the first shop on the right. It's tiny though but they have some Struise beers on draught to try as well

helmet

Had a Kinnegar Black Bucket tonight. The stuff's like golddust. Gorgeous big beer though.
Also had an O'Cleirigh's Virginja  PA. I had a draught taster of this at the Sheridan's food festival amd it was lovely and aromatic. Opened a bottle tonight and it's a different beast, fairly bitter. I like their tagline 'take her handy and drink responsibly' though, pure Cavan hey!

banjobrew

Boundary IPA. Thought it was expensive when I bought it. Thought it was cloudy when I poured it. Thought it was delicious when I took the first mouthful. Worth the price tag and taking it home on the bike was bound to throw some sediment around.
Belfast Homebrewers.

dcalnan

Having a brewdog ipa is dead pioneer one, possibly infected. Which is a pity as I had a hurricane ipa last week that was infected as well  >:(

Garry

Grafter's Pale Ale. It's hopped Tanora  :)

Savage stuff and only €1.99 for a 500ml bottle, you can't go wrong?