• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 02:52:04 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

It's Friday night, what are you drinking?

Started by LordEoin, April 18, 2015, 10:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armedcor

johnrm

Not Friday, but I got to dring the following...
De Monnick - De Roode Vos - Massive Acetone bang aroma and flavour.
Jopen RIS - Smoked and Oak aged
Jopen Pumpkin Ale (taster)
Jopen Blonde Aged on Oak Chips (taster)
Jopen IIPA

hopapotamus

i had a few bottles of blacks model t stout last night , diffrent to the model t i had before as in its 5% rather than the 8.5% in the one liter bottles . massive flavour and well worth trying , sam realy makes amazing beer even if his kpa isnt to my taste every thing else he makes is right at the top of my go to beer list , i also got a can of metalman heat sink ,smoked chilli porter , but i want to pair that with the steak iv been promising myself for the last few weeks ......nothing like getting over a dose of man flu to get your appite going .

delzep

Can of that Metalman smoked porter I had was infected so be warned

johnrm

Make sure you say that back to Tim and Grainne.

delzep

Why? Should be spotted before leaving the canning facility

Leann ull

To help a domestic micro especially those that have helped the NHC in the past I would always drop them a note about substandard beer quoting batch to help them improve their process.
At the very least you will have it replaced. 

Will_D

Quote from: delzep on November 05, 2015, 11:00:15 PM
Why? Should be spotted before leaving the canning facility
How?

Lets say the batch of beer is clean (easily tested - I am always available for this) but there is a slight problem with some cans or the equipment. A "will become infected" can/cans are produced. The infection is not detectable at the end of the line, its only after the cans are stored (at maybe incorrect temperatures ) that a detectable infection develops.

That is why its important to tell the people!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Taf

Will be drinking these babies tonight, which I got as a surprise yesterday from a colleague visiting from the US. He reckons the heady topper was only canned a few weeks ago. Will post back in relation to how good they are.

Qs

I'm jealous. Now that I've had Pliny Heady Topper is the beer I most want to try.

garciaBernal

Tucking into some St. Mels fresh off the bottling line IPA tonight. That Heady Topper is a something we need an equivalent of in Ireland.
"If you do not enjoy my beer, then I say it is a pity for you!" Armand DeBelder-Drie Fonteinen

hopapotamus

Quote from: delzep on November 05, 2015, 10:54:24 PM
Can of that Metalman smoked porter I had was infected so be warned
thanks for the heads up , after 2 weeks of flu and stomach bug i will hold off on trying it until next week , forgot to pick up a steak anyway

DEMPSEY

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

armedcor

Tried the Guinness golden ale...about as good as you'd expect

mr hoppy

Model t was 6.5% first time round. Liked both versions