• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 07:52:00 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

It's Friday night, what are you drinking?

Started by LordEoin, April 18, 2015, 10:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oh Crap

Beer
1 is good, 2 is better, 3 is enough & 4 isn't half enough

Qs

Quote from: johnrm on November 29, 2015, 02:49:53 PM
I had OHaras Hop Adventure - Sorachi Ace
Single Hop - It was OK, but I thought the Hop was a tad menthol.

I tried that last week, did not like it much. I have the Galaxy one this week so at least I'll know now if its the beer or the hop. I'm guessing it was more the hop.

DEMPSEY

Baileys on ice washed down with roses chocolates. Putting up the deckies with the family. Tradition. :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Leann ull

I know Craft is making progress when I can get a bottle of this stuff in Hogans in town at office Party, not sure Diageo would be too happy tho

cruiscinlan

Having some bottles of Buried at Sea meself. Had a couple of pints of this on cask/handpump in the Salthouse there yesterday, which was a revelation. Cask version would be by far my favourite.

dcalnan

Having an 8 degrees snoweater red ipa, I love red ipas since I was in San Diego the year before last, so it's nice to get the style in Ireland. I also noticed that 8 degrees now show the malt hops and ibus on the bottle, always a positive in my opinion.

banjobrew

I thought I'd pick up a sour. Wild Beer Co Zintuki (blended with Ninkasi) It's got a nice zing to it. It's quite dry and at 7.3% it's a pleasure to drink. Uses yeast and bacteria from an orchard in Somerset, blended with Ninsaki and a small amount of apple juice. Sour but not nuclear!
Belfast Homebrewers.

krockett

Quote from: dcalnan on January 09, 2016, 08:33:48 PM
Having an 8 degrees snoweater red ipa, I love red ipas since I was in San Diego the year before last, so it's nice to get the style in Ireland. I also noticed that 8 degrees now show the malt hops and ibus on the bottle, always a positive in my opinion.

I read that the Carafe doesnt make it bitter but tbh I got some astringency and bitterness from this.  Was looking forward to but but surprised (and  unusually for 8 degrees for me) didnt really enjoy this as much as the rest of theirs. The Black in their Vic Secret on the other hand was lovely.

Pheeel

Drinking a Blacks Model T. Doesn't say it on the bottle but I'd swear it has a touch of lactose in it. Very smooth
Issues with your membership? PM me!

banjobrew

Galway Bay - The Eternalist. Jammy sour. Not overly sour and a nice sweet raspberry tartness to it. Murky purple brown look to it. If there was such a thing as a session sour, it's this.

Belfast Homebrewers.

BigDanny84

Torc Brewing IPA. This is made with European hops which makes it taste a bit different to the IPAs that I'm used to. It has big, bold flavours and fair play to them for that but it's not really for me. Also the €4.79 price tag is a major turnoff for me.

baphomite51

had a 2015 KBS it was full of loads toasted coconut, vanilla and cocoa its still a bit boozy for me but the aroma was unreal. had a brown sugga aswell which didn do much for me very hoppy but not the fruity hoppieness i like.

Keg

Have a St Peter's Cream Stout kit kegged so getting stuck into that, very nice.

dcalnan

Having a Arthurstown Kings bay pale ale, I was expecting a lot more from this beer, given that Kevin Dundon has put his name behind the beers. I probably won't buy it again, but at least I got a free glass.