• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:58:16 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

It's Friday night, what are you drinking?

Started by LordEoin, April 18, 2015, 10:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leann ull

There are two streams,  a supervalu watered down version and one that I tasted at the launch in Nov. by Kevin and Kieran, a former Homebrewer on here.
They are poles apart unfortunately, and I would agree with you but don't write off just yet interesting stuff coming down the track.

Sorcerers Apprentice

Closest thing I can get to a beer here in Mexico that doesn't need a lime poking out of the bottle to give it some flavour
There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others

nigel_c

I found a few dark lagers over in Mexico that hit the spot. Cant for the life of me remember the names of them. Nice rich Vienna style lagers. Nice when it for dark but in the 38+ day heat the Mojito or margarita in the pool hit the spot for me.

imark

Quote from: Sorcerers Apprentice on February 02, 2016, 05:46:28 PM

Closest thing I can get to a beer here in Mexico that doesn't need a lime poking out of the bottle to give it some flavour
I've head of it in reference to Vienna lager alright. Good SA?

Sorcerers Apprentice

Almost a Belgian sweet alcoholy style beer
There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others

johnrm

If you're on MacCurtain Street in Cork - Bru (The Pub/hostel) have a really good house Lager on draught.
Its called - The Shakey Bridge

cruiscinlan

8 Degrees Barleywine 330ml €4.30 in Martins of Clontarf.

First impressions on the nose are boozy fruit and rum/raisin notes.

On tasting, toffee-sweet with caramel, tannins.

Finish, caramel turns bitter and has a really dry astringent aftertaste.

In conclusion, I'd have to say that I really didn't like this one, the finish being so bitter and drying, it really clashed with the sweetness of the style. 

irish_goat

Starting the evening off nice and easy with a half pint of Hardcore IPA. Lovely beer. >:D

HomeBrewWest

Just tried the new Independent Cascade; its excellent. They are in Supervalue, Barna giving out samples as I type this.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

johnrm

I had a James Brown Rhubarb Tart.
Its a nice beer but wheres the Rhubard Tart?

Donny

Just tasted the francaisan Wells IPA and I'm sorry I wasn't drinking that all eve because it's lovely. Been drinking pints of the old cute hoor, very tasty too and also the first time I've tried it

mr hoppy

Quote from: johnrm on February 26, 2016, 11:05:25 PM
I had a James Brown Rhubarb Tart.
Its a nice beer but wheres the Rhubard Tart?

it's just marketing john.

Leann ull

Donny

Quote from: CH on February 27, 2016, 12:20:58 AM
You know who brews Cute Hoor

Awww man, fooled I has been. Thought I was supporting something a bit more home grown. Clever bastards not linking the name to themselves.

Shamek.pl