• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 09:36:10 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

It's Friday night, what are you drinking?

Started by LordEoin, April 18, 2015, 10:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr hoppy

rje66

Wife says to me one day... "so do you love beer more than me?....
Naturally, I replied,...... making it or drinking it??😱😱
www.gardenconcepts.ie

Qs

Leann ull

we need stuff like that in the members area as its verging on commercial slander saying a breweries beer tastes like "pish" have tasted a lot of sub par irish micro stuff recently but its bottling related as one bottle ok and next not :(
Be nice to educate members who weren't bjcp judges to know what to look out for fault wise and whats good and bad out there

Qs

Definitely agree on the bottling issue. The move to cans is improving a lot of local stuff and getting the stuff on tap has always been massively different.

LordEoin

If certain breweries occasionally sell 'pishy' beer due to their own bottling process, then any bad press is their own fault.
I'm all for supporting consistently great Irish beer and there's plenty of it out there, but if I have a bad experience with a brewery's product I'll avoid it in the future and not recommend it to others.
I'm not BJCP trained, but I can tell if a beer's oxydised, infected, imbalanced, etc. It doesn't really matter if people use the correct terminology for what is for all intents and purposes a 'pishy beer' that they spent good money on, and often too much.
With the ridiculous prices on some craft beer a lot of people don't buy many at a time,  so it's double important that the brewery gets it right.

Leann ull

The majority are contract bottling and its out of their control until the complaints start coming in :(

Leann ull

Your right it's not for discussion in public area, folks can always post I had a beer X with the following dodgy flavour what is it?
One in Wexford has gone and a few more sailing close to the wind at the moment.

LordEoin

lidl have 750ml bottles of Abbaye De Vauclair 'biere blanche' with coriander for €2.79
i enjoyed it a lot:

Slev

Doing a side by side  comparison of the canned version -  turns out to be very hard to tell apart

Pheeel

Not exactly a ringing endorsement then...
Issues with your membership? PM me!

Slev

It's a grand ipa imo . Have had a lot worse,  but also....  (don't particularly like the overly bitter Ida's personality) On special in dunnnes. 

mr hoppy

Why so little Oktoberfest this year we had fancy hacker pschorr and tasty cheap spaten b4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slev

October 22, 2016, 01:40:16 AM #253 Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:51:58 AM by Slev
Did follow up with a can of punk ipa which was very fresh, and milder compared to some recent bottles. Really am converting to cans

banjobrew

Franciscan Well Brewery Chieftain Irish Pale Ale. Pleasantly surprised! There's a lovely fresh flower aroma and a bright bitterness.
Belfast Homebrewers.