• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 03:47:27 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Let the games begin

Started by Sorcerers Apprentice, November 15, 2015, 02:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pob

Curious to see the Nano when it arrives.

Sorcerers Apprentice

They replied to my email last night, and confirmed that the Nano PCB is included
There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others

molc

I cracked and just did the same. Automatic start is the feature that finally sold me. Having the hlt turn on and come to temperature before I start brewing will save a whole chunk of time on brew day.
Now to just get a box to hold everything :)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

pob

Quote from: molc on November 23, 2015, 08:34:13 AM
I cracked and just did the same. Automatic start is the feature that finally sold me. Having the hlt turn on and come to temperature before I start brewing will save a whole chunk of time on brew day.
Now to just get a box to hold everything :)
:D

I've done 3 BIAB brews with it & love it. Just need to get my pump set up next.

Only downside is, when running 2 x 2.2kW elements, house lights may flicker, as PWM switching 4.4kW on/off very quickly upsets it ???.

Sorcerers Apprentice

The 3D printed front panel is due to be delivered this afternoon.
I hit Aliexpress yesterday for the Black Friday discount (11% when using the ap ) on all the stainless the fittings and toys, and they got back to me this morning with the combined shipping discount.
My problem now is that my better half has a business in the local village and the postman drops off my parcels there (He says in case there's no one home at the house)...Doh!! I'd better own up in advance 😁

pob

Sorcerers Apprentice

I was going to report him to Aliexpress as he's badly effecting their profits :-)
Sometimes I have to ask my wife, "You haven't seen a 25kg bag of malt around have you? "
And most likely she says "is that the big parcel that's been lying in the boot of my car all week? The post man left it in last Tuesday and it's been there since 😠

molc

Hehe, not exactly a small package that can be hidden away.

Can't wait to see the build as it goes. Have a spare cooker circuit at home as well in the brew room, so very interested in how you do that wiring.

nigel_c

Looks like there will be a few electric brewery's coming on line in the next few months. As much as I love the look of the displays and the automation of it all I'll be going for the turn the switch and program the pids manually. Lots of lights and buzzers. Think I have most of the electronics ordered. Just have to play the long wait game now for mr Ali to deliver from China.
I picked up a 15L "ham pot" on TESCO the other day that I'll be using as as my hlt for herms. It's allluminin and should do the job.
Pids , timers , leds , switched relays, temp probes and connectors all on the way. Pick up a junction box for housing in the new year and start building then. It's become a bit of an obsession.

Will_D

Now when it comes to parcels delivered to the house (i.e. too big or may be due customs duties and so can't risk Parcel Motel), I just say "No, its NOT more stuff for my hobies, its brewing ingredients" i.e.Consumables.

With that promise the Mrs just says "oh looking forward to drinking those in a bit" (The machine tools !! Whhooo HOO Haaaa!)
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Sorcerers Apprentice

DHL delivered today, so I bypassed the awkward confession 😅 but got caught for €96 duty 😈
Beware Sunglasses warning!!

molc

What's the big pipe with the triclover fittings? Counterflow chiller of doom?

Sorcerers Apprentice

It's a 2" RIMS with an inline thermometer, the original came with hose barbs but I added 2 triclamp x camlock fittings

imark

Check your camlock fittings work.

I bought some recently that were not able to lock. Awaiting replacement.

Sorcerers Apprentice

I've checked a few and some are a bit tight but I presume will loosen up with use