• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 02:28:42 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Looking For Theakston Old Peculier.

Started by Greg2013, December 02, 2015, 10:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

I have searched every bottle shop in Dungarvan and i cannot find a single bottle of this,it is for a special upcoming event and i would like to get a few bottles in,don't want to have to travel too far for it though. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

johnrm

Drum

Don't know if they still sell it but I remember buying it in dunnes stores at some stage.

dcalnan

Crdrinks in little island seem to be the distributors in Ireland, might be an idea to email them, and you could get it direct. http://www.crdrinks.com/index.cfm/page/products/id/37

auralabuse

Tesco had that last week in ashbourne. I would imagine it's still in stock in a few of them

Bubbles

Quote from: Drum on December 03, 2015, 12:33:47 AM
Don't know if they still sell it but I remember buying it in dunnes stores at some stage.

+1

Dunne Stores definitely stock this. Or at least they used to.

bizarro

weird, I just made a clone of this, bottled about a week ago, thought Tesco usually stocked it

Greg2013

December 03, 2015, 04:43:52 PM #7 Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:22:05 PM by Greg2013
Tried my local Dunnes and they no longer stock it. Seems like my best option may be to get on the bus to Waterford then and have a look,i can hit both Tesco and Dunnes that way  ;D

Online i did look at but what with shipping etc not worth it. ;D

Might have an international brew day coming up online,the way it looks so far it will be either this or Panhead Supercharger being brewed,since i can't get Panhead i figured i would get this. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

JimmyM

just bought it in tesco about 2 weeks ago myself. albeit in dub.
Formerly JamesM.

Greg2013

Quote from: JimmyM on December 05, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
just bought it in tesco about 2 weeks ago myself. albeit in dub.

Yep i have had another look yesterday around town and not a bottle of it to be found in Dungarvan it seems,i may have to hit Tesco/Dunnes in Waterford to get some. ;D

Greg2013

In the end i had to rely on a friend of mine from Ferrybank and he put me in touch with Thompson's Carry Out off licence,they didn't have any in stock at the time but within three days or less i was on my way back from there with a case of OP(8 bottles),one happy chappy.Big thumbs up to Thompsons and Ashley  ;D