• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 25, 2024, 11:57:39 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Recommended pubs

Started by Ten brown bottles, January 20, 2016, 07:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ten brown bottles

Greetings all, am a homebrewer from Cork, visiting Galway this weekend. Keen to get some recommendations for good pubs and off licenses in Galway city to make the most of my time whilst up there! Cask would be great, draft if not... Thanks for any advice!

Leann ull

And lads while your at it restaurants that I can take the teenage kids and the missus. pizza joint, or something funky?
On the bar front if I was in salt hill obviously Oslo
Salthouse is ok too

nigel_c

Download the Beoirfinder app. All the good pubs and restaurants that stock craft beers are listed in it.

Leann ull

Here you go kids Via Maris ;)

ronniedeb

Besides the Oslo and the Salthouse for beers, Foleys in Woodquay have a decent range of beers, and wood oven pizza. Massimo has decent food, and a good range of bottled beers. A few on tap as well. Was in McCambridges (food and drink store) on shop street for the first time in years last night. Decent selection of beers. Picked up a bottle of Independent Brewery's Brandy Aged Barleywine, as well as some Firestone Walker beers, and a Westmallen Dubbel in the bargain bin.

Keg

Foleys is worth a look alright apart from the usual Oslo/Salthouse/Bierhaus.  O'Connells in Eyre Square actually seem to have a good selection too.

CH the teenagers would probably enjoy Dough Bros for pizza.  I think the usually have some craft beers in the fridge too!

Ten brown bottles

Much appreciated all! Will try and squeeze in as many as I can...

Kevco5

If you're about tonight, Galway Brewers will be meeting in the Oslo from 7:30 or so!

Leann ull

February 02, 2016, 11:37:51 PM #9 Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 12:37:44 AM by CH
Quote from: Keg on January 20, 2016, 09:16:13 PM

CH the teenagers would probably enjoy Dough Bros for pizza.  I think the usually have some craft beers in the fridge too!

Dough bros was jammers at 8 and full of student types as its a walk in and wait for a seat jobbie.
Had a great Italian meal in this quirky Italian  Il Foletto, which had a wine list punching way above its weight in quality.
Not as cheap as dough bros but hey