• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 11:15:29 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Co2 Tank Source?

Started by MrChalky, November 06, 2012, 04:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrChalky

I'm looking to get a Co2 tank for a kegerator, I called D&D, but they told me they have the cylinders, but are out of valves, and don't know when they'll get them in.

Does anyone know anywhere else to get Co2? Preferably around Dublin/Meath/Louth

Jacob

I bought an fire extinguisher from them nearly an year ago and asked them to remove inner tube. Working like a charm since then and costs me 25e or 30e.

MrChalky

I might just drop into them on Friday and see if there's anything they can do for me

JimmyM

+1 - change your search criteria to be a co2 fire extinguisher.

Make sure you get the tube taken out - D&D will do this for you. Otherwise you get lquid co2 in your regulator - and that causes it to freeze - which isnt good.

(the co2 at the bottom is condensed. And the tube means you get the stuff from the bottom of the cylinder - Good news if you want to put out a fire, bad news for your regulator)
Formerly JamesM.

Metattron

AJ edge in bray. €10 for a refill. Asked for cost of a tank last time and guy said he would give me an old fire extinguisher with a tap for €25 or 30 I think. Your mileage may vary.
In primary:
In secondary: Wine, Melomel
In keg: Teddy Hopper, Coconut stout, 4 Cs, Buzz bomb, Never Sierra, Bock, OD
In the fridge: Helles Lager, Hob Gob

MrChalky

I couldn't make it out to either D&D or AJ Edge today. Couldn't get AJ Edge on the phone either. Does anyone know if either are open on a Saturday?

Rossa

Quote+1 - change your search criteria to be a co2 fire extinguisher.

Make sure you get the tube taken out - D&D will do this for you. Otherwise you get lquid co2 in your regulator - and that causes it to freeze - which isnt good.

(the co2 at the bottom is condensed. And the tube means you get the stuff from the bottom of the cylinder - Good news if you want to put out a fire, bad news for your regulator)

Alternatively turn them upside down and they won't damage the reg. :)

Tucan

November 09, 2012, 06:11:29 PM #7 Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:13:42 PM by Tucan
I've got a couple of empty pub CO2 tanks (5/6 kg) will sell for €35 each. Also mixed (50%CO2 / 50% nitrogen) same size same price. CO2 tanks have a male fitting , mixed tanks have a female fitting .

MrChalky

I might take one of those off you? Where are you based? Do you have any pics of them?

Tucan

Based in Wexford .
Can take a few pics tomorrow.

MrChalky

Would you be any closer to Dublin at all?

IsMise

Toucan, I would definitely be interested in taking one of them, CO2 preferred at this stage. :P Do you have pics or history?
I'm in Dublin so would need to put my name on one, arrange payment, and leave the rest to the NHC express  :)

Is Mise,

Tucan

Sorry lads got held up in work so no pics today.
Not shure what you mean by history Kevin, But the tanks came out of a working mans club in Dublin that I was contracted to clear out. I'm happy with the tanks and will give a full refund if you're not.

Cathal O D

I've been looking to get a CO2 tank as well. How many do you have Tucan? I dont want to step on anyones toes.

IsMise

Quotethe tanks came out of a working mans club in Dublin that I was contracted to clear out.
Thats what I was looking for Tucan, wanted to know they had an active life and weren't lying in a ditch for a few years ... :-[
What height (in inches) are they? Reason I'm asking is to see if one will fit into my newly acquired fridge, but I'm definitely interested in putting my name on one anyway.
Thanks Tucan, cheers!

Is Mise