• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 02:41:32 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Anyone using a stainless steel Conical fermenter

Started by auralabuse, February 24, 2016, 11:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alealex

February 24, 2016, 07:07:04 PM #15 Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 07:41:57 PM by alealex
Bought 10 gallon conical few years back from MyBeer&Wine.
It came at great price of €very very few hundred.
It's great piece of equipment for oxygen free beer transfer, taking samples, collecting yeast from the bottom valve and force carbing even (thats correct force carbonation).
Getting yeast out from the bottom valve is not a prob with some co2 over 1bar pressure.
In general it is good fun as long as it comes at the right price :)
But cleaning two of those two piece valve.. pita!
Bad day brewing is better than good day working.

auralabuse

Lovely Alex, they are 400 quid on mybeerandwine. Good price for what ya get but I don't have that spare change lying around

Leann ull

February 25, 2016, 07:18:20 PM #17 Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:57:08 PM by CH
Ok is malt miler the best value for money option?

What about mr lard https://www.brewbuilder.co.uk/7gal-std-conical-fermenter.html

332euro+freight

auralabuse

Not the best choice of name.....STD fermenter 😱

Leann ull

February 25, 2016, 10:36:36 PM #21 Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 10:48:28 PM by CH
Not a fan of the buckets to be honest, birthday coming in March gonna give Mr Lard a shout, anybody else interested send me a pm

alealex

The one from brewbuilder is fine fermenter but lid wouldn't stand much pressure or enough for racking. With small bottom valve expect fun trying to get yeast out not mentioning force carbing.
Bad day brewing is better than good day working.

derfel

I like the look of the Brew Bucket Mini, but stock seems to be an option.

Leann ull

I'm gonna do a bit more research Alex as there are 2 valves a dump and a beer I'm sure you can pressurise as well

dcalnan

Galway bay got two of the 14gallon ones from Mr lard, I remember seeing a photo on Twitter.

Jonnycheech

Jaysus the cleaning of the cronical would be nearly as long as the brewday  :o
Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled:

molc

Ah screw that! I soak my carboy in W5, come back a few days later and rince. I don't care how shiny it is!
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter