• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 04:35:52 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Anyone using a stainless steel Conical fermenter

Started by auralabuse, February 24, 2016, 11:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leann ull

Quote from: auralabuse on March 29, 2016, 09:27:52 PM
Might try it though on a split batch, half pressured, half not. Would be very interested in the results

I'm all about trying something for yourself, if I ever suffered from those issues I probably would have done more, maybe containment of aroma hops could be an interesting thing to messing with but nothing dry hopping couldn't sort.

auralabuse

Very true, when I started all grain not too long ago I suffered fusel problems but it was down to poor fermentation temperature control. Either way, it's all for scientific research 😝

Leann ull

So I've done a 3 month Pilsner in one now.

Massive advantages conicals have is the ability to take a sample without tubing and drain slurry and trub off the beer. I can see why folks would use them to harvest.
I over filled to start with 30 odd litres and so when I open valves I really crank them open to bring it all out quickly before I take a sample which could b 250ml. I'm probably down to 27l now

My only issue now is finding €300 for another one

bigvalen

What height is the conical that fits in the fridge ? I'd love to get a 50l one that'd fit in my fermentation controller...

Leann ull

Just ask him by email allow a few days for a response, they have a 63l version
https://www.brewbuilder.co.uk/14gal-std-conical-fermenter.html
I know its fits in a larder fridge you would just need bloody good support for the base

Will_D

I think thats a brilliant idea and only 40 bucks.
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Qs

You can even get a neoprene sleeve for it.  ;D

I'd like to see the dimensions on it. It might just if in my fridge with the Fastferment. Be great for little experimental beers.