• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:31:19 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

The Bulldog Brewer

Started by Motorbikeman, September 18, 2016, 12:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motorbikeman

he did share them.  On page 3 I think.

TonyC

See it now and have it setup. Thanks :)

DCLavs

Hi,could anyone tell me what tubing(size,etc.) they use for the chiller and where I might buy some please?

Damofto

I'm just using a standard garden hose.

coolkidirish

Quote from: Motorbikeman on November 17, 2016, 04:24:56 PM
Quote from: Fal on November 17, 2016, 03:24:23 PM
@motorbikeman, I returned a pump that didn't start when I went to do my second brew. In case it happens again, what did you do to fix it?

I couldn't see anything obvious sticking or jammed at the time and it seemed to be getting power from the switch okay so I just put it aside and contacted HBW who sorted me out pretty quickly.

Its probably going to effect your warranty if you strip the pump,  I did it because I did not want to bin 5kgs of grain.. 

Remove the 4 screws and take the coil off.

There is a little white pin in the  center or the armature .  Note there is also a white washer and black washer on either end that may drop out.  Take a pic of it so you know how they are  positioned.

Gently push the white pin on either end and it will come right through and out.  Give it a wipe and wash the the armature.

Reassemble ..  Making sure the end of the pin is located properly back into the impeller . There is a flat plain on one side which fits into the impellers hole to drive it.

Its a very simple wee thing.  You will need tweezers to get the washers back on.   
Good as new.  Maybe a smear of vegetable oil or coconut oil may help keep it moving..   Any thoughts on that? 

Dont expect the brew shop to take a return if you open it.   

Got my Brewdog last week, popped on my first brew last night, very happy with how it went, however 45min into my mash the pump stopped working. It just had a green flashing light on the plug, but no pumping effect.

I followed your method above (after contacting HBW who were very helpful and mentioned a few tricks to try, but they also said if I opened it I wouldn't void my warranty, so I tried opening it) and the pump now works 100%.

Thanks a million

DCLavs

Quote from: coolkidirish on April 06, 2017, 10:07:58 PM
Quote from: Motorbikeman on November 17, 2016, 04:24:56 PM
Quote from: Fal on November 17, 2016, 03:24:23 PM
@motorbikeman, I returned a pump that didn't start when I went to do my second brew. In case it happens again, what did you do to fix it?

I couldn't see anything obvious sticking or jammed at the time and it seemed to be getting power from the switch okay so I just put it aside and contacted HBW who sorted me out pretty quickly.

Its probably going to effect your warranty if you strip the pump,  I did it because I did not want to bin 5kgs of grain.. 

Remove the 4 screws and take the coil off.

There is a little white pin in the  center or the armature .  Note there is also a white washer and black washer on either end that may drop out.  Take a pic of it so you know how they are  positioned.

Gently push the white pin on either end and it will come right through and out.  Give it a wipe and wash the the armature.

Reassemble ..  Making sure the end of the pin is located properly back into the impeller . There is a flat plain on one side which fits into the impellers hole to drive it.

Its a very simple wee thing.  You will need tweezers to get the washers back on.   
Good as new.  Maybe a smear of vegetable oil or coconut oil may help keep it moving..   Any thoughts on that? 

Dont expect the brew shop to take a return if you open it.   

Got my Brewdog last week, popped on my first brew last night, very happy with how it went, however 45min into my mash the pump stopped working. It just had a green flashing light on the plug, but no pumping effect.

I followed your method above (after contacting HBW who were very helpful and mentioned a few tricks to try, but they also said if I opened it I wouldn't void my warranty, so I tried opening it) and the pump now works 100%.

Thanks a million

What tips did they mention? I might give mine a go this weekend.

mr hoppy

The bdb pump I have didn't work, similar to what you describe. The problem was that the electrical connectors in the switch weren't connecting. I joined them with some electrical tape and put cable ties on the wires (inside the switch) so they wouldn't get loose again. Much better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SprocketFuel

Any one got a screenshot of beersmith profile, the one from page 3 is gone. just pulled the trigger and ordered one

Damofto

I fixed the images there, moved from Photobucket to Google photos.  It seems Photobucket are charging for 3rd party hosting now.

belfastjacko

Quote from: SprocketFuel on July 27, 2017, 11:35:29 AM
Any one got a screenshot of beersmith profile, the one from page 3 is gone. just pulled the trigger and ordered one
Where did you order it from?

Blundering Brewer

Quote from: ianm on November 16, 2016, 07:49:30 PM
There's a guy on youtube called The Blundering Brewer who just released a video which owners should take a look at.  Its the one were he makes a Belgian Dubbel.

https://youtu.be/qsOJeOGSiqA