• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 05:10:52 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Guiness rye pale ale

Started by Parky, September 25, 2016, 09:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parky

Was dubious about this one, as with all things Diageo related, but curiosity got the better of me and I dropped 3.30 euro on a bottle from Supervalu. First impressions were positive, light citrus taste with a tart spiciness in the background, and I could definitely see myself downing this on a sunny day. This is the best offering I've tasted from the 'Brewer's Project' so far, and would actually buy it again. Nice bottle label too!

Pheeel

For the same price you could get a bottle of Rustbucket...
Issues with your membership? PM me!

DEMPSEY

At least they (as in Guinness) put their name on what they brew unlike a certain Cork based mega brewery that is slipping some of their beers out on dodgy brand names >:D
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Eoin

Quote from: DEMPSEY on September 26, 2016, 12:08:06 PM
At least they (as in Guinness) put their name on what they brew unlike a certain Cork based mega brewery that is slipping some of their beers out on dodgy brand names >:D

Rogue employees don't you know, you can't get good help these days.

phelixoflaherty

BrewDorg

robotmonkey

Black Bucket is one of my favourites.

BrewDorg

It's absolutely fantastic. I usually don't repeat buy, but I bought the last 2 bottles last night in case they don't get it back in.

Bazza

Brewbot were doing Rustbucket on tap recently. Fantastic stuff. One of my favourites.

- Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Quiet_Man

Don't recall you thinking that the next morning? Or, was that all the sours we were tasting?

Bazza

Quote from: Quiet_Man on October 01, 2016, 08:07:08 PM
Don't recall you thinking that the next morning? Or, was that all the sours we were tasting?
Bad kebab. Always a bad kebab.

- Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

DEMPSEY

It used to be diced carrots back in the day but in this modern world t'is  now the kebab  :D
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Leann ull

Classy was there dodgy meat in the carrots in them days as well?