• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 11:32:14 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Flow control taps

Started by Acott, October 10, 2016, 11:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrewDorg

Quote from: cruiscinlan on October 11, 2016, 11:25:58 AM
Sorry bud, was on mobile and couldn't see it.  Ta very much.

No hassle. I went through more less the entire thread when I started my tap search and picked up some useful info there. As you'd expect though, there's a lot of arguing

Leann ull

I lost the will to live after page 35, as a "consultant on that thread" :D what was the discussion about the springs? I understand the intertaps don't spring back?, did you buy any or did you need to?

BrewDorg

Quote from: CH on October 11, 2016, 12:46:04 PM
I lost the will to live after page 35, as a "consultant on that thread" :D what was the discussion about the springs? I understand the intertaps don't spring back?, did you buy any or did you need to?

That title is the least I deserve after trawling through it :D That Ali shop sells Intertap specific springs too (a ripoff though at €0.87  :P ). The springs only work on the non-flow control taps. The ball that moves in and out for flow control stops the spring from working properly, but the regular taps will work fine with the spring. Bit of a pain, but worth it for the flow control.

Acott

Quote from: cruiscinlan on October 11, 2016, 01:32:19 PM
Would there be much of a difference between the Intertap:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/High-quality-Stainless-Steel-INTERTAP-FC-TAP-ONLY-FLOW-CONTROL-Black-tap-handle-as-gift-home/1850830_1000001060668.html

and their regular flow-control tap:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Flow-Restrictor-Draft-Tap-Beer-Tap-Faucet-Kegging-Equipment/1850830_32351577433.html

I think the option to have the stout faucet and growler filler is nice, also the intertap is forward sealing and stainless steel, not sure about the standard tap

BrewDorg

Forward sealing would be the biggest advantage. The Intertaps have gotten some great reviews too, not so sure the regular ones linked would be any better quality than other regular taps you get on Ali or elsewhere.

dcalnan

Yeah the regular ones look like a copy of the celli flow control tap, and I hate mine. It's been demoted to my portable dispensing setup, as I have to disassemble it every time it's used, the forward sealing work much better and don't require as much disassembling.

Leann ull

Quote from: BrewDorg on October 11, 2016, 12:54:56 PM
Quote from: CH on October 11, 2016, 12:46:04 PM

That title is the least I deserve after trawling through it :D That Ali shop sells Intertap specific springs too (a ripoff though at €0.87  :P ). The springs only work on the non-flow control taps. The ball that moves in and out for flow control stops the spring from working properly, but the regular taps will work fine with the spring. Bit of a pain, but worth it for the flow control.

cheers

darren996

Just getting into kegging myself and am wondering What the advantage of these taps over say the standard pub taps is

Leann ull

Neater, can get more into confined space, flow control not always on bar taps, they don't have Heineken written on the tap.
"Cunningham's Law"
If you have good access to bar taps go down that road.

darren996

Leann ull

Ordered intertap stout adapter start of Jan and the fecker only arrived today Ali