• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:18:58 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

AliExpress taps

Started by vinyljunkie, November 08, 2016, 01:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracusse

Sry lads ... but can any one tell me what size hole needed to be made for those shanks ? Is it 22mm or 20mm?

Qs

Quote from: vinyljunkie on November 08, 2016, 02:45:01 PM
@ QS, are they stainless steel?

Yea I was planning on leaving it till Friday to order alright.

Yep

Leann ull

Quote from: Acott on November 09, 2016, 08:15:08 AM
I bought two of the flow control taps...still waiting on them to arrive though!  :(
+ 1

delzep

If there were to be a group buy arranged on here for good quality flow control taps, where would I be looking/what websites sell them?

Ed

Leann ull

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Enationalhomebrewclub%2Eie%2Fforum%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D14844&share_tid=14844&share_fid=196815&share_type=t

Acott

CH did you receive your taps yet? I'm still waiting, no sign and the tracking hasn't budged since the 20th of October, it's just saying 'Shipped by air'  :(

Ed

I ordered a thermowell from SHFC Precision Machinery Co back at the start of october, it was "shipped by air" for over a month (it took two weeks to get to that stage) so claimed a refund before the buyer protection expired. I don't know of any aircraft that take a month to fly from China... Even an auld crop duster would have made it here by now!

Leann ull

I just asked for an extension other stuff I got recently has been 2 weeks late

Vermelho

Quote from: Acott on November 17, 2016, 08:27:03 AM
CH did you receive your taps yet? I'm still waiting, no sign and the tracking hasn't budged since the 20th of October, it's just saying 'Shipped by air'  :(

I'm also in the same boat with stuff I've ordered from aliexpress. Just make sure you extend your buyer protection!

BrewDorg

Exact same here. Ordered new shanks, a thermowell and some other bits and pieces from different sellers on Ali and I'm waiting on all of them the past month. These taps arrived to me in 17 days from shipping date when I ordered in September.

molc

Needed short shanks, flow control and a stout creamer plate, so took a punt on one of these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-Stainless-Steel-INTERTAP-FC-TAP-ONLY-FLOW-CONTROL-Black-long-tap-handle-as-gift/1000001060668.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.dVY5Jd

If it works out well, will probably replace my other taps just to have a single matching set across the board (I'm fickle I know!). Watch out For Sale section ;)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Dracusse

maybe it is a time of the year.... always got stuff from china in around 3-4 weeks but last order for magnetic stirrers is over a 2 months now ....

Leann ull

Guess what was here when I got home
Lovely taps

And an adapter and now you can see where I'm going with this

I've just been and bought more

Acott

Thanks guys, I've asked for an extension hopefully everything arrives in time for Christmas