• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 11:45:10 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

open source digital hydrometer

Started by bigvalen, December 11, 2016, 07:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cruiscinlan

Mick02, would we not be better off getting the spindle kits and just buy the preforms separately?

Based on the pricing the container is about a tenner, these are about E3 each http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XL-BIG-PET-Micro-Geocaching-container-geocache-cap-Petling-preform-soda-bottle-/131430402355?hash=item1e99dcc933:g:xscAAOSwPYZU36py

mick02

Yeah, that website is a little confusing. The link that I posted says in the description - "This set consists of all components of the DIY WLAN spindle except the battery and the petling"

Then the other option, the €14.10 options states that "This set consists of all components of the DIY WLAN spindle except the battery, the petling and the sled"

The €14.10 option is unavailable now so either it's sold out or they aren't making any more of them.

I agree though buying the petling container separately is a better idea but I think that will need to be purchased regardless.
NHC Committee member

DEMPSEY

Probably a stupid question but how does it read the sg of the wort ???
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Leann ull

johnrm

imark

mick02

January 15, 2017, 05:46:40 PM #36 Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:14:56 PM by mick02
Not much interest in a group buy on these some I'm gonna go ahead and get one for myself.

I'll report back on the effectiveness and accuracy of the unit.

Mick
NHC Committee member

cruiscinlan

Mick I would be interested but want to see if they get back to my email re the E14 kit.  Would you be interested in waiting until they reply and we see what their situation is with stock?

mick02

Sure! I didn't realise that you had contacted them, apologies. I'll hold off until you hear back.
NHC Committee member

wartotojas

cruiscinlan

Not as yet.  Any of youse speak German?

wartotojas

Are we just concerned about stock?

I know few lads in CraftBeerPi community are using them wirelles hydrometers, will try to ask them. Manuel, developer of CraftBeerPi is beta testing interface for his controller to work with same wirelles hydrometer, hence allowing his fermentation controller read temperature and gravity live.

Shanna

Lads would be interested in buying one of these also, even more so if somebody could assist in  assembly.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

mr hoppy

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cruiscinlan

Quote from: mick02 on January 15, 2017, 07:14:09 PM
Sure! I didn't realise that you had contacted them, apologies. I'll hold off until you hear back.

Mick got an email from them there and everything is back in stock, so thunderbirds are go.