• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 05, 2024, 11:04:24 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Camlocks

Started by rukkus, December 29, 2016, 11:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rukkus

Anyone know a good place to buy camlocks in bulk, I need quite a few so I think if I can find somewhere that does bulk it'll work out cheaper than the places that sell them in singles.

SkiBeagle

In Cork, petrochem.ie have everything. In Dublin, I believe totalstainless.ie are the people to go to.

You could get stuff from aliexpress:
SHFC   https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1017341
or dailyappliance2012    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/115452
SHFC are very good but not cheap.
Dailyappliance are cheaper and the stuff is good. Shipping about 30-ish days. There may not be that much saving when you factor in the shipping costs.
If you're buying a lot, it may be worth while going into one of the local stores and see if they'll give you some kind of deal.

rukkus

Awesome thanks, anyone have any prices for the Irish guys?

DEMPSEY

I think they are dearer than Ali express. :-\
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

SkiBeagle

Off the top of my head, petrochem were about €5.00 for a Part-F, and about €2.50 for a street elbow, all 0.5".
SHFC are about €6.80 for a Part-F when you add shipping. Dempsey, have you got a cheaper source on aliX?

DEMPSEY

No I didn't buy from Ali but looking at prices there is did notice lower prices. You have to add delivery of course and the wait time.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

rukkus

Yea the time is really off putting, I'd like to order local. It's a pain non of them allow ordering online

Oh Crap

I bought about 20 various ones  from Tec Industrial in Dublin. I shopped around the Irish sellers and they were the best prices (after telling kieran he was too dear).. he also knocked off the delivery charge
Sent me some replacement seals foc also  after one cam was wrong..
Beer
1 is good, 2 is better, 3 is enough & 4 isn't half enough

rukkus

Just looking on their site, they seem to start at 3/4". Can you remember cost of 1/2" ones?

Oh Crap

Quote from: rukkus on December 29, 2016, 02:02:32 PM
Just looking on their site, they seem to start at 3/4". Can you remember cost of 1/2" ones?
Genuinely I can't remember exactly but they were under €5 for type f's 1/2 inch.. I never looked at sizes on the site just rang them, spoke with Kieran in sales who was very helpful...
Beer
1 is good, 2 is better, 3 is enough & 4 isn't half enough

rukkus

Awesome thanks, I'll give them a shout next week when everyone is back working 👍

Will_D

Quote from: rukkus on December 29, 2016, 11:35:02 AM
Anyone know a good place to buy camlocks in bulk, I need quite a few so I think if I can find somewhere that does bulk it'll work out cheaper than the places that sell them in singles.
Why not consider a group buy? A lot of people are upgrading their systems and SS camlocks are probably the Rolls Royce of quick disconnects.

1/2" bsp threads and 1/2" through hose tails would probably cover 90% of peoples requirements.
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing