• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 07:53:26 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Beer exchange ;)

Started by Dracusse, February 07, 2017, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracusse

Any one in limerick fancy a brews exchange ? With later feedback ? 

beernut

Quote from: Dracusse on February 07, 2017, 10:39:35 PM
Any one in limerick fancy a brews exchange ? With later feedback ?

We are probably overdue for a meet up alright. Any one else interested? 

Dracusse

tipp brewer

I m under a bit of pressure these days and haven't brewed in an age. I m actually pretty much out of my own beer which hasn't happened in a while. I bought some extract kits to see if i can get the time to do them shortly. Some of you might have got an email about a club showcase, I m not sure we re meeting enough to get anything like this going but just thought it would be worth opening up the discussion.
In terms of trying to get things going here and Without trying to be disingenuous I wonder should we try and split things up a little. So we meet as a big group every second turn, and then there can be a limerick meet and a killaloe meet. Anyone who wants to attend any of the meets would be welcome but we come together every 2nd turn and take turns to host. The travelling folks could taxi share or something like that. This is just a proposal, it would be nice to do some actual brewing together. Not sure if our numbers would sustain this but I would envisage that we would meet as a large group just as often, as its difficult to make it happen regularly. What ye think?
We could still try and arrange the odd brewery tour etc.

Keg

I'm in the same boat as Tipp Brewer at the moment, nothing really brewed and bottled but have 2 AG batches to put on some time in the next few weeks.   Would to go to Killaloe or Limerick for a meet and I think we should try and get that brewery tour at some stage.  Also happy to swap brews once I get some sorted again (kegged the last few batches)...

Mother Macs is actually doing a 'meet the brewer' event every few weeks, apparently Treaty City and 8 degrees were in recently.

beernut

i've no problem going to kilalloe either there are enough of us to share a taxi back to limerick.

I've only brewed once in the last few months been busy as we are selling/buying a house but I would be up for a meet up in either limk or kilalloe.