• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 08:33:04 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

So, did anyone get a Smartpid?

Started by Slev, May 08, 2017, 02:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slev

I bought one of the development Smartpid's in the end. Finally got round to wiring it up, but haven't used it in anger yet. Just wondering if anyone else got one?

molc

Aye I got one as a beta tester. After a bit of fiddling I've managed to set it up as a replacement for my ArdBir box. Once you get the PID algorithm set up, it does as good a job. I still prefer the control I get from the Ardbir, but I've communicated it to Davide, so we'll see what he does. There's also a thread on the forums that he watches if you have any input to give.

If I hadn't already build an electrics box separately from the controller, it would probably be more useful as it can replace a lot of that as well.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Slev

Had a little play around with it. Couldn't get the app to work with it (or configure it to connect to my home network via a browser).
In fairness, i did send an enquiry about pwm control and, accessing parameters during a recipe run, to which he replied very quickly.

molc

The app and Web logging just refuses to work on my network and is rudimentary at best, so I've just ignored it as a non feature
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter