• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 10:27:59 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Setting up a brewshed with taps etc

Started by onemanorthree, May 04, 2017, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auralabuse

Quote from: Slev on May 05, 2017, 03:29:27 PM
Quote from: auralabuse on May 05, 2017, 03:06:33 PM
I got a log cabin built, ran power into it. Have a freezer controlled by an stc to 2c and 5 taps on a Mexican pine bar I picked up from adverts. Have 2 stout taps pushed by nitro and the other 3 are co2. I use the gas splitters to serve from them all using the one bottle. I recommend using the imminent birth of a child to influence your missus on the larger purchases 🙆

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Guessing you have quite a few children then!
Just the 3, bar, freezer and bulldog

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

onemanorthree

Thanks for all replies.

Will defo be getting an extractor fan or at least some sort of vent.
Will be runnig water to it and getting a deep sink for cleaning and general shzzel.
Planing on having a grow room in there too for chilies. Yeah, just chilies.
tiled floor is a good idea but slippy when brewing?  Wood I guess is out?

Interested in what people think of the gear I'm getting and any other small stuff I'm missing.

nigel_c

If you have room and don't mind the expense, a serving fridge and a conditioning/carbonating fridge would be nice.
What taps are you serving from?

Jonnycheech

I have a tiled floor in my shed and would highly recommend it for brewing, easy to clean and durable.

You will need some sort of workbench, SS is good, and maybe a cooker hood for venting out the steam.

One or two fridges fitted with Inkbird/STC temp controllers and tube heaters would also be recommended.

Oh and plenty of storage/shelving for bottles, grain, fermenters, grain mill, etc., etc...

Leave room for a kegerator as a later project maybe.  ;)
Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled:

krockett

Great thread - I'll be setting up my own one next year. Had a quick google and you could do a lot with one of these..

Am leaning towards doing something like this: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=99310