• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 15, 2024, 09:52:21 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

It's been at least a week since someone post new single vessel device

Started by Simon_, December 14, 2016, 08:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frequent Sequence

I have a 30l ace microbrewery. The construction is solid it functions very well.
I see it as a good middle ground between the old Grainfather with manual control and the Grainfather Connect.
The controller is well laid out and simple to program up-to 6 steps, with the lowest temp fixed at 50C. However you can strike in to hit a lower first step.
The only downside I see so far is that the controller will only kick on the element at 2 degree intervals. I have mitigated this buy insulating the outside.
I have opened the iner-working and found that the elements are switched with mechanical relays which I guess is the reason they set-up the delay.

All in it's very good value for money and I'm happy with the purchase.

BrewDorg

Pretty much my thoughts too FS. I bought an Ardbir from auralabuse not so long ago, so will be installing that to replace the mechanical relays. To be honest it's not that big an issue as I find the temp at the centre of the grain remains on target even when the probe is showing 1-2º high.

My only other wishes for the Ace would be an adjustable overflow pipe like the GF has and a longer grain basket to maximise the amount of grain you can mash.

RobShamrock

torn between this the the bulldog brewer, finger is getting trigger happy not sure which way to go ??  advice?

Keg

Quote from: RobShamrock on April 05, 2017, 04:50:55 PM
torn between this the the bulldog brewer, finger is getting trigger happy not sure which way to go ??  advice?
I can't talk about the Ace but I have the V1 Bulldog Brewer and I'm delighted with it, obviously the v2 or v3 are an improvement on that but it's mostly superficial things as far as I'm concerned.

I got it for cheaper as I bought it on the demo day so not sure what the current price is, but I would recommend it anyway if it's in your price range.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

BrewDorg

Can also recommend the ACE. Either will do the job great for you, just down to what your own needs are.

SprocketFuel

darren996

Quote from: Stecleary84 on April 18, 2017, 07:59:10 AM
Been thinking about getting one of these or the bulldog, just checked Ebay and the ACE is £1,353.30  ???
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-ACE-Micro-Brewer-Beer-Mash-Tun-home-brew-Pump-limited-stock-/221845938167?hash=item33a70c5ff7:g:jTAAAOSwWxNYowIk

Am i missing something or has the price shot up
It's out of stock, sellers do this so they don't have to list the item again, when it's back in it will be down to the normal price

RobShamrock

Sent ACE email back in stock 3-4 weeks, still undecided on ACE or Bulldog

auralabuse

I was faced with the same decision. Went for the bulldog. You get local support on it, if something goes wrong you will get resolution much quicker in all likelihood

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

SprocketFuel

Quote from: RobShamrock on April 19, 2017, 09:33:21 AM
Sent ACE email back in stock 3-4 weeks, still undecided on ACE or Bulldog

Back in stock now. I'm getting an itchy trigger finger but still not sure about this over the bulldog

wartotojas

Lad with a user name of Magical Pancakes on YouTube has few vids with ace microbrewery. That might help in decision making  :)

BrewDorg

Magical pancake is a different guy. He has some videos up with modifications he's made. I made a thread in the all grain brewing section here with some early thoughts. Worth a read I think.

darren996

See the 50l versions of the ace micro brewery are starting to go on sale

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/322521737468

I would say ace will have them shortly and at a better price