• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 02:52:32 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

National Brewing Championships 2019

Started by mick02, April 10, 2018, 01:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beerbuddha

I taught urban brewing was good venue but I felt Lock 13 was better. Just my two cent.

Fair play to you guys for giving the time to make it happen  :) The poll makes sense give people a choice put issue to bed for once.
IBD Member

delzep

Dodge

Who knows.🧐. Maybe the answer after polling will be "February "

mick02

NHC Committee member

delzep

Well, you're looking for input to the competition, then keeping the info secret. Makes no sense

mick02

Quote from: delzep on April 10, 2018, 08:21:25 PM
Well, you're looking for input to the competition, then keeping the info secret. Makes no sense
It's not secret ... the poll results will be published in full once the poll closes.
NHC Committee member

Hingo

Quote from: mick02 on April 10, 2018, 07:37:50 PMP.S. the results of this poll do not automatically mean a change in dates for the nationals.

Just for funzies? 8)

molc

Usually it makes sense to run a roll in secret, as it removes majority bias until the results are posted at the end. That way the results are a true reflection of people's desires.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

delzep

Almost any online poll I've seen shows the results immediately

mick02

Quote from: delzep on April 10, 2018, 09:44:38 PM
Almost any online poll I've seen shows the results immediately
Does it really really matter that much to you? I mean it's an internet poll. Not really sure why you have an issue with the way it's being done. Molc put the reasoning for a closed poll above, those reasons were exactly why the results are being withheld until the poll closes.
NHC Committee member

Bazza

Quote from: molc on April 10, 2018, 09:42:55 PM
Usually it makes sense to run a roll in secret, as it removes majority bias until the results are posted at the end. That way the results are a true reflection of people's desires.

That argument is as watertight as a Ballymena duck's purse but makes total sense. Let's await the outcome without being influenced along the way.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Will_D

Given all the noise about this years comp esp. re. the club cup "Now is the Time" to discuss and hammer out next years comp.

Just remember that the few who have flogged themselves organising the comp do not want to read a load of threads winging on about the organisation of the competition the week before the competition.
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

johnrm

Lads, can you stop arguing about the poll?

Seriously. Life is too short - Keep this for Politics.ie

A pre-emptive effort is being made to ensure that Comp 2019 runs even better than Comp 2018 and it is now being derailed.
This is terribly unfair on the people who sweat to make the event happen.
Kudos to Mick for kicking off this thread.

Please keep the thread on track otherwise Mods will be pulled in to clean it up.
There is a report button - The reason for reporting can be as simple as 'off-topic'.
If a Mod sees this as valid then the offending post will be pulled.
Not censorship - just Febrezing the place.

molc

I'll kick off some discussion points. First two are areas I think we had issues and the last is just AOB :)

For the club cup, what do people think would be a good system to use, since we now have a year sort it out between us all in the club?

Also for people that didn't enter this year but did in years previous, what proved to be the disincentive?

If you could add one thing to the comp, what would it be?

Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Dr Jacoby

Quote from: molc on April 11, 2018, 05:43:23 PM

If you could add one thing to the comp, what would it be?

A live demonstration from Ian Mott.
Every little helps