• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 06:44:59 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Inaugural Meet

Started by guest2162, October 24, 2019, 12:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest2162

So I have messaged around and there are about three so far who are definitely interested in a meet up before Christmas, there are a few more who are not in a position to meet up right now, but are interested in the idea of a Mayo club. Im still waiting to hear back from others, but at this stage that's probably not likely.

I also found a Mayo Homebrewers club group page on Facebook and I'm waiting to hear back from them to see how many active members they have and whether there would be interest in a meet before Christmas.

If people who are interested subscribe to this group, you will get a notification when there are updates.

We also need to pick a date/time and a location. At the moment we have interest from Louisburgh, Westport and Shrule so Westport may be the best/ most central location... I'm open to travelling elsewhere though if that doesn't suit For a date what would people think about the 30th of November? That should be enough time to stick on a brew or two?

mick02

Hey Matt, just to let you know, there are some supports available from the NHC for new clubs starting up.

Give Dempsey a shout and he'll tell you more.

I'm in Oweninny the week after next. If any of you Mayo folk need anything transported from Leinster I would be happy to courier it to Mayo.

Mick
NHC Committee member

guest2162

Thanks Mick, good to know there's support there!

molc

Im in Shrule the odd weekend so will keep an eye out for what yere upto in the area :)

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Chriswaters

Hi guys. Is there a mayo club up and running at the moment? I'm based in partry

Matt DBrewer

Quote from: Chriswaters on December 31, 2020, 08:42:44 PMHi guys. Is there a mayo club up and running at the moment? I'm based in partry

Hey Chris,

Sorry, just saw this now... There's no club really yet, but I know there are a few brewers scattered around the county... the biggest issue i see is the distance between everyone and the lack of transport options for meet ups. I'm based in Castlebar, and I think there's a few out towards Louisburgh and Westport, and more up towards Ballina.

I've been thinking about seeing if there would be any interest in doing some sort of a bottle swop thing, where we would keep a few bottles of a selection of beers we brew and then maybe twice a year arrange a bottle swop? We did an advent calendar bottle swop in the midlands beer club that worked really well and I think something like that could work well on a smaller scale in Mayo.

"Passionate about craft beer and brewing"
❇️Connacht Homebrewers
❇️Midlands Beer Club (Ireland)
❇️National Homebrew Club Committee
📍Mayo, Ireland 😁🍻