• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 09:18:04 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewmonk all in one

Started by wol000, January 16, 2024, 07:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wol000

Hi All,

I have a question about all in ones. I purchased a brewmonk and have used it twice with a hop spider I've had for ages, I was previously doing BIAB. I don't think my beers are as hoppy, like, I'm not getting the most out of them with the spider. So I'm thinking next beer to just throw them in. My question is, will I block the pump with hop matter and ruin it and be unable to clear it out after? I don't want to ruin the brewmonk, does anyone have experience with this method,
is this a no no, any info appreciated

marceldesailly

I'd stick with the spider and up the hops at ~80c.not ideal but I find mine gets stuck if there is almost any hop debris loose in the boil and then draining it is a bit of a marathon!

Edit.:  I meant the bazooka screen gets stuck so run off is a nightmare. The pump did get stuck on me once and was a bit of a pain to get cleaned out. So from my experience ye I'd recommend just using the spider and adding some more hops. A bit of dialling in and I'm sure you'll get the right hop profile you're looking for.
Hope that helps.

wol000

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the feed back, much appreciated. I'll up the hops moving forward and avoid a longer clean up and use the filter, I might try blasting it incase it's a big clogged up