• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 20, 2024, 12:31:25 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Next Brew Day at TOG

Started by Brew_Diva, June 04, 2013, 04:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brew_Diva

Hi all,
Was just wondering when is the next brewing at TOG, just want to make sure will have all relevant materials sourced and so on..
Looking forward to getting started :)

Brew_Diva

Also with regard to Crystal Grain what is EBC?? The price is the same on homebrew company website €1.80 for 1 kg, they are listed 113 250 30 40 430 and 82 in that order... curious...
Also I was talking to someone there who recommended Maris Otter Pale Malt, so was thinking to buy a bag of 5kg (whole grain) of that... any better suggestions as to the brand of Pale Malt? (they all seem to be in and around the same price.)

Thanks!

DEMPSEY

EBC is the colour ranking with the higher number producing a darker colour.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Padraic

Quote from: DEMPSEY on June 04, 2013, 06:52:55 PM
EBC is the colour ranking with the higher number producing a darker colour.

And a slight bit more sweetness, sometimes caramel flavours, but probably not a lot with the amount you will be using and the amount of hops being used.

Not sure when the next brewday will be as it looks like all of the Tog guys are busy on the weekend. So we might end up skipping this month. I will let you all know as soon as something has been organised!

Brew_Diva

Grand so, have loads of time then. Will take a stab in the dark I think and pick 250 EBC, thanks guys

Padraic

Quote from: Il Tubo on June 05, 2013, 11:36:10 AM
So you'll be on the 12:44 ex Tara on Saturday then! ;)

That might end up being the plan! I'll know closer to the time!

Padraic

Looks like we're on for tog on Sunday!

Rossa

Gotta  work Sun but I might pop in if for a wee bit if I can.

Brew_Diva

Okay Rossa, be great if you could give a look in to the recipe for "Rossa's Pale Ale"