• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:45:44 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Wolstan Haven Brewery

Started by DEMPSEY, June 04, 2013, 03:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEMPSEY

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Hop Bomb

Quote from: DEMPSEY on June 18, 2013, 09:04:09 PM
My new dip tube design which draws from the side leaves 2.1 Litres in the Kettle. I have being told that the weight of the spent hops will push the wort out to the sides thus allowing me to draw it off. What does anybody else think. :-\

How is the stubby dip tube at the side wall working out? Have you pinched the opening of it to make it smaller?
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

DEMPSEY

Quote from: Hop Bomb on September 24, 2013, 01:59:53 PM
Quote from: DEMPSEY on June 18, 2013, 09:04:09 PM
My new dip tube design which draws from the side leaves 2.1 Litres in the Kettle. I have being told that the weight of the spent hops will push the wort out to the sides thus allowing me to draw it off. What does anybody else think. :-\

How is the stubby dip tube at the side wall working out? Have you pinched the opening of it to make it smaller?
If you read posts 79 and 81 you will see that it did not work out so I reverted back to a dip tube draining from the centre. Th is dip tube is drawing the wort through a copper pipe framed square wrapped in a stainless steel sieve pouch. The first amount of mesh was from a kitchen splatter screen that was supposed to be stainless steel but actually rusted so I purchased 2 sheets from a company in the UK. did not try it out yet because of recent family matters. Will be brewing next week to see how it stands up and will post on its results.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Tom

Sorry, missed the post where it said about your license... you are going pro, aren't you?

Hats off, man.