• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 10:22:30 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Next meet (and intro)

Started by beardybrewer, June 13, 2013, 03:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beardybrewer

Hey guys, my name is Chris and I'm a founding member of Beoir (formerly Irish Craft Brewer).  I'm a pretty flaky member who gets excited and very involved for a while and then disappears for months at a time... but I never go away.  I've been brewing extract with grains for 8 years and formulate my own recipes which are on my site (see sig). 

Anyhow, it is great to see an organized club for Galway.  I've just introduced a mate at work to homebrew and his enthusiasm has rekindled my interest as well.  I'm sure we could be easily convinced to join you at your next meet up.

Speaking of, when is your next meetup?

(Apparently the SaltHouse has 2 kegs of St Bernardus Wit and an Abt 12.... just saying).
All my brews news and recipes in the lounge.

Hop Bomb

Welcome Chris. Meetings are usually the last Fri of the month but they'll be confirmed on here a week or two in advance.
The more the merrier so bring your mate too.

Salthouse is too small for a metting especially on a Fri as its usually packed. We've been in Oslo for the last couple but I think we're changing venue for the next one. We usually end up in Salt House after the meeting though.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

MisterBurns

Just thought I'd hijack the tread to say hi I'm hoping to get to one of your next meetings I've been brewing since last Sept/Oct and just started into extract brewing so would love some opinions on what I've done and pointers on what to do next!

Kevco5

Welcome to the site lads! Hope to see you both at the next meeting!

St. Fursey

What's the verdict on the next meet lads? Should be the 28th, I have a wedding so I can't make it.
Probably time to pick a date and location though

Hop Bomb

I wont make that weekend either.

eanna

I'll be skipping the next couple meetings anyway. I'll catch ye in August/September when things are less hectic.

RichSib

I won't be able to make a meet on the 28th either.

montofk

I'm heading away the morning after so I won't make June 28 either... Might be able to do the week after (5th?) if that suits anyone.

St. Fursey

Is July 5th looking any better then?

Kevco5

I'm not sure yet, but I could be working on the 28th so the 5 is looking like a better option for me!
28th doesn't seem to suit the majority

Hop Bomb

5th would be good for me anyway. Do a poll of possible dates?

Catherine

Just thought I'd say hello here, since I'll probably go to the next meeting.

I've been lurking on the site for a while, trying to scrape together enough information to not mess up my beer. I've just gotten into it recently, and I'm messing around with kits.

So far I've made a pilsner (terrible), two ales, and I'm on some wheat beer now.

I'd love to find out how ye manage to store your beer, and what'd be the best way to procure enough bottles for my new hobby. I'm thinking about building some wooden crates (possible with lids to keep the light out), or getting my hands on an old filing cabinet.

DrowningManatee

June 24, 2013, 03:12:00 PM #13 Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 04:31:15 PM by DrowningManatee
july 5th sounds good for me too.

id just use black bags for keeping light out, thats what i use for my clear fermenter Cavendish. and if you aswk around a few pubs, you'll defo find one to give ya bottles...
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

Catherine

Right now I keep a bin bag and an old dressing gown wrapped around my bucket :)

At the moment I've about 40 Grolsch bottles, and 100 of the Coopers bottles. I'm hoping to eventually have more swing top bottles, but do you think it'd be worth my while to get a bottle capper? It seems annoying to do, and I'd be wary of breaking the bottles and making a huge mess. I can get a hold of a whole lot of normal bottles though.