• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 07:29:49 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Upgrade of equipment

Started by Rats, February 12, 2013, 04:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciderhead

April 03, 2013, 09:10:21 PM #45 Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:33:17 PM by Ciderhead
rectangular manifold I suppose is balanced? would you not just go for a mesh since you have the pipe already in there?
see you went for the FR pink foam, good stuff.
I know Shanna was advocating it but its not necessary unless you use gas on your keg.
Standard form is resistant to temperatures ranging from -40°C to +100°C and to heat ageing, but not to UV-rays.

DEMPSEY

Instead of using drainpipes,what about using a stainless steel plate like the IKEA candle holder. It is 290mm and is ideal as a drainage plate with slits cut into it.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Hop Bomb

What a brilliant idea. Cheapest SS false bottom ever! They've a 37cm one also

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/70236071/

Not on the ikea.ie site though :(
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Shanna

Hi Ciderhead

I advocated firesafety style foam as when I went looking Fir foam none of those for sale in my local builders suppliers were rated for temp higher than 80c. Still working on my mash tun and manifold. I have cut out building insulation and plan to attach it with the foam.

Shanna

Quoterectangular manifold I suppose is balanced? would you not just go for a mesh since you have the pipe already in there?
see you went for the FR pink foam, good stuff.
I know Shanna was advocating it but its not necessary unless you use gas on your keg.
Standard form is resistant to temperatures ranging from -40°C to +100°C and to heat ageing, but not to UV-rays.
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

DoWn2DiE

April 08, 2013, 07:51:05 PM #49 Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:55:29 PM by Down2die
QuoteHi there

Found the following place in the UK that sells kegs for €50 for a 50 litre keg.
http://www.crusaderkegsandcasks.com/products.htm

I am wondering what the cost of shipping would be?

http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=58785&p=617815&hilit=crusader#p617815

somebody over on Jim's got some of those kegs, prices there too. free shipping to uk. and they do 20 litre kegs too min order of 36. prob work out cheaper then the cornies.

I can't help but think about getting second hand kegs here for half nothing and just getting the right coupler. question is which are the easiest opened and not a pita???
I'm surprised nobody on here has kegged with 50 litre system.

Ciderhead

How many of those will I get in a fridge :(
How do I carb my beer :(

There's your answer

DoWn2DiE

April 08, 2013, 08:45:50 PM #51 Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:55:59 PM by Down2die
How many of those will I get in a fridge :(
How do I carb my beer :(

There's your answer

theirs a gas post on the coupler similar to cornies.
great to bottle/polypin from counter pressure affair and chil in fridge. just like the lad is doing in that thread. chill down in your secondary and transfer in and force carbonate if wished or condition under a blanket. nice clean bottles will be the result. since I do 47 litre batches they would be ideal along with my cornies of course.

Will_D

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing