• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 09:08:19 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Kegerators Pics

Started by Covey, November 28, 2012, 10:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud395

December 19, 2012, 10:46:30 PM #15 Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:47:12 PM by Spud395
QuoteI dont leave my fire extinguisher permanently close - after its carbed to my liking i just give a squeeze whenever it needs it for dispensing - just in case Ive a leak somewhere and i lose a cylinder of gas.
Thats what I normally do, but I left it connected overnight over the weekend, and guess what.......new cylinder half empty  >:(

Oh and nice work Covey ;)
Non modo......sed etiam

Ciderhead

Covey you were asking me about pressures, temps for your various styles, this table will be a good guide.

http://braukaiser.com/documents/CO2_content_metric.pdf

Do use your own judgement and taste :)

St. Fursey

Here's my kegerator. I got the fridge for €50 on  adverts thanks to a heads-up on Beoir.
Brand is Hotpoint and I was able to peel off the Hotpoint stickers and rearrange to spell "Pint" and relocate to the top right corner. I took pics during the build if anyone wants to see how easy it was to do  ;)
At the min setting it keeps the temp at 8C which suits me fine so I didn't bother messing with the temp controller.
I splashed out on a kegerator kit and drip tray from Keg Connection. It was a little pricey but ultimately worth it.
A hole saw was used to drill holes for the taps. I used a bit of spare skirting board (spray painted black) to act as a reinforcing board inside the door as the plastic door liner was a little too flexible for my liking.
The fridge is a nice size and just takes 3 kegs along with my fire extinguisher CO2 cylinder while still leaving shelf space for bottled beers and what not.
A 2-stage regulator and manifold allows me to have two different pressures - one outlet supplies two kegs through the manifold and the other goes directly to a keg.
Taps are Perlick 575 SS with Creamer function and they work beautifully!

Hop Bomb

Holy Sh!t that is frickin awesome. Will you come help me put mine together?
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

St. Fursey

QuoteHoly Sh!t that is frickin awesome. Will you come help me put mine together?
Sure! They're handy enough to do. I have a hole saw and drill you can use when you're ready to rock. I'll talk to you about it when I see you tomorrow.

Greg2013

I just started reading this thread again and already i am getting dangerous ideas ;D :o ::)

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Robrew

QuoteI just started reading this thread again and already i am getting dangerous ideas ;D :o ::)

I know the feeling I have been eyeing up Fridges on Adverts lately, think this will be my next big project  ;D

Will_D

QuoteHere's my kegerator. I got the fridge for €50 on  adverts thanks to a heads-up on Beoir.

You Sir are a Saint amongst Kegerator builders ( Oh its already in your nick-name )

Lovely Job

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Robrew

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Two-Keg-Door-Mount-Homebrew-Kegerator-Kit-5-Gallon-Reconditioned-Ball-Lock-Keg-/360534715343?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f18b2bcf#ht_2122wt_1037

what does everyone think of this for making a kegerator? it works out at 230euro and you would just need the co2 tank for approx 60euro off D&D, or would it be cheaper to buy peice by piece?

Ciderhead

Quotehttp://www.ebay.ie/itm/Two-Keg-Door-Mount-Homebrew-Kegerator-Kit-5-Gallon-Reconditioned-Ball-Lock-Keg-/360534715343?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f18b2bcf#ht_2122wt_1037

what does everyone think of this for making a kegerator? it works out at 230euro and you would just need the co2 tank for approx 60euro off D&D, or would it be cheaper to buy peice by piece?

Here
Kegs 65 each
Regulator 35 single plus cost of splitter
Taps 35-45 each
Connectors 12-14 each
Plus tubing

Big risk with customs duties with stuff from US :(

Robrew

Quotehttp://www.ebay.ie/itm/Two-Keg-Door-Mount-Homebrew-Kegerator-Kit-5-Gallon-Reconditioned-Ball-Lock-Keg-/360534715343?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f18b2bcf#ht_2122wt_1037

Here
Kegs 65 each
Taps 35-45 each
Connectors 12-14 each
Plus tubing

oh right I didnt know bout the risk  :P better buy it from here piece by peice, thanks for the tip.

St. Fursey

Here
Kegs 65 each
Taps 35-45 each
Connectors 12-14 each
Plus tubing

oh right I didnt know bout the risk  :P better buy it from here piece by peice, thanks for the tip.

I'd call it a consideration rather than a risk. These days you can be fairly certain that the customs will take their pound of flesh. Factor that into your costs and decide if you want to go ahead. There are advantages to buying from the US: better variety being the main one e.g. I haven't managed to find long shanks for the same value this side of the Atlantic and good taps are hard to come by. Then again, I'm picky! :)

Robrew

ye i think im just lookin for all the basics first off such as cornies, connectors regulators, faucets etc, I will probably go with a guy that is on adverts who sells the majority of things you would need to start kegging.

Ciderhead

Quoteye i think im just lookin for all the basics first off such as cornies, connectors regulators, faucets etc, I will probably go with a guy that is on adverts who sells the majority of things you would need to start kegging.

Alex is on here somewhere as well and is pretty solid

andrewL46

Here's my kegerator pics, would like to get more kegs in there but not much room.
Have another fridge on the way so might be able to clear some clutter!
2 perlick faucets, 1 standard and 1 creamer. CO2 tank on the outside.