• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:38:17 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Amateur HERMS

Started by Ciderhead, August 05, 2013, 10:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrm

@JD, Any more science that you want us to shred?  ;)

'In theory practice is perfect, but in practice it isn't'

Hop Bomb

Its good to question these things. Im just glad my little pot project has the green light again.

On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

JD

Quote from: johnrm on September 12, 2013, 09:52:06 AM

I think it was Garret Fitzgerald who said, "That's all very well in practise but what about in theory?".

Hands up, guys, I missed a bit on this one. :-[ It happens. If I was to be precious about it, I'd have been better advised to keep the mouth shut. As it is, I'm a bit thicker skinned than that, so expect more observations/questions/worries/warnings, etc. as and when the mood strikes me.  :P

Speaking of which, where does everyone stand on the question of the flat earth theory? How about Intelligent Design? Perpetual motion? Anyone?

/J

Ciderhead

September 12, 2013, 02:32:17 PM #78 Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 12:14:16 AM by Ciderhead
JD keep asking those sorts of questions it makes the forum 10 times more interesting and by putting forward logical statements and sharing we all understand our processes better.
I promise to post here my results on next brew day.
Ill bet you had 10k under the mattress on 31/12/1999 tho:)

Sent from my Fukushima Daiichi Geiger counter

johnrm

@JD, Good on ya for getting the grey matter cranked for the rest of us!  :-*

DEMPSEY

Perpetual motion. I had a go at that. tried to build one using rare earth magnets
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqG-TL0WnjE
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

DEMPSEY

This is a good video but he does not let you see him switching off the compressed air that he uses to make it go. ::)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

barkar

Quote from: JD on September 12, 2013, 02:06:56 PM
Quote from: johnrm on September 12, 2013, 09:52:06 AM

I think it was Garret Fitzgerald who said, "That's all very well in practise but what about in theory?".

Hands up, guys, I missed a bit on this one. :-[ It happens. If I was to be precious about it, I'd have been better advised to keep the mouth shut. As it is, I'm a bit thicker skinned than that, so expect more observations/questions/worries/warnings, etc. as and when the mood strikes me.  :P

Speaking of which, where does everyone stand on the question of the flat earth theory? How about Intelligent Design? Perpetual motion? Anyone?

/J

No bother in fairness got me thinking about my own set up in that i haven't used the rig to its full potential. Still dont know if it identifies what is the optimal size of pot vs element vs heat transfer, everyone has a unique rig that works or they understand thru experience and twig  to run during their brew day   -  Johnny Cashs "one piece at a time" comes to mind .... 

cool video btw

Ciderhead

I used to collect stc's now it's PID's she is gonna kill me ::)!

Sent from my Fukushima Daiichi Geiger counter

Will_D

Ok I know its on Discovery but:

What about a new forum:

BEER MYTH BUSTERS

We take a myth or hearsay and test the claims!

BTW: We are doing it already but would make for great font page articles!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Damien M

Ciderhead, I think there was a typo in your post that C should be a D. I've seen ya hanging out on some dodgy inner city streets...... I was however with ya at the time!

Love the idea of Beer Myth Busters! Will_D