• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 09:49:58 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

HomeBrewWest Brupaks Agents

Started by HomeBrewWest, August 16, 2013, 11:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HomeBrewWest

We recently got the Brupaks International Dealership for Ireland. I've delayed posting until we got about 100 new Brupaks products up on the site: beer kits, chemicals, mashing equipment, extract and grain kits, hops and grains etc.

Brupaks products that are new for Ireland are heavily discounted for a few weeks (or until we supply others) in order to promote them.

We are the first in the world as far as I can see to launch the Brewers Choice Ultimate kits, these are expensive but much less that RRP at the moment. This can't last.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

LordEoin

Oh nice. Brupaks make really excellent quality kits.
What are the Brewers Choice Ultimate kits? There's no information on the site yet apart from the price.

For example, what's the difference between brewers-choice-best-bitter, €24.95 and brewers-choice-ultimate-best-bitter, €25.95 ?

Greg2013

Quote from: LordEoin on August 16, 2013, 07:00:19 PM
Oh nice. Brupaks make really excellent quality kits.
What are the Brewers Choice Ultimate kits? There's no information on the site yet apart from the price.

For example, what's the difference between brewers-choice-best-bitter, €24.95 and brewers-choice-ultimate-best-bitter, €25.95 ?

1 euro  :P
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

HomeBrewWest

Ha ha. Yes, but it should be 10 euros or more. Brand new kits so no info anywhere on them.

All I can tell you is that they come in a plastic tub. I'll grab a few and see if I can take some fotos and create a description based on info on the instructions etc. I'd say they are great quality kits though, and I don't think they need any additional fermentables.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

Greg2013

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on August 16, 2013, 08:04:48 PM
Ha ha. Yes, but it should be 10 euros or more. Brand new kits so no info anywhere on them.

All I can tell you is that they come in a plastic tub. I'll grab a few and see if I can take some fotos and create a description based on info on the instructions etc. I'd say they are great quality kits though, and I don't think they need any additional fermentables.

So one is a kit and kilo and the ultimate ones are two can kits basically?
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

HomeBrewWest

I really don't know yet, but I will get on it asap.

All I do know is that, as a Brupaks international distributor, we are paying nearly 50% extra for the Ultimate kits compared to the regular Brewers Choice kits.

I'd be happy to send a couple up to NHC if someone would like to review them? I really do expect these to be top quality kits. But they are heavily discounted at the moment, and this may not be sustainable long term.

LordEoin

I've no doubt they'll be top quality. Brupaks are great, and at €26 including all fermentables you can't go wrong really.
If they're an 'ultimate' version of the standard Brewer's Choice kits I suppose they come with hops and grains included too. WIN!

Garry

August 17, 2013, 09:54:35 AM #7 Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 04:07:01 PM by Garry
If they come in a plastic tub I assume they are liquid malt kits? The non-ultimate kits are dry malt.

Greg2013

Maybe a breakdown of what's in one of the kits Brian? ;)

oconn

ive done the fixby gold and i think it came with a hop tea bag ....it was good stuff. 3kg kit. Im willing to be a guniea pig for these new ones  ;)

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: deadman1972 on August 17, 2013, 11:43:44 AM
Maybe a breakdown of what's in one of the kits Brian? ;)
OK, I've got one in front of me. Its a Bavarian Weissbier. It comes in a 5 litre white polypropylene bucket where you are supposed to add 3 litres of boiling water to the BruBag (a very large teabag containing the hops and grains), leave for 20 minutes, tip into main fermenter, add another 3 litres of boiling water to the BruBag, leave for 20 minutes, tip into main fermenter, add another 3 litres of boiling water to the BruBag, leave for 20 minutes, tip into main fermenter (so 3 times in total). All very clever really since you don't need any other vessels.

Then add the big bag of spraymalt (included in the kit) to the fermenter. Don't know how much spraymalt, but it makes 23 litres of 4.5% ABV Weissbier.

So essentially, its the new improved Brewers Choice but the choice is always spraymalt. I'd say the BruBags have been improved too though. And, of course, you effectively get a free 5 litre white polypropylene bucket / fermenter.

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: Il Tubo on August 17, 2013, 06:31:07 PM
If you want to send them to me Brian I can raffle them out in exchange for well written reviews!
OK, I'll send you up 2 kits.

HomeBrewWest

I've just added the Berry Cider to an existing supplier order so it should be here towards the latter half of the week. I'll let you know as soon as it arrives.