• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:50:37 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

RDS from South Kildare brewers viewpoint

Started by brenmurph, September 09, 2013, 10:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

September 09, 2013, 10:29:01 AM Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:05:21 PM by brenmurph
Great event, thanks to all organisers, Beoir and NHC.

Myself & Kellie made it up Sat & Sunday and did our stint,  enjoyed some tasters and done loads of banter to the extent that I cant speak today and my throat is killing me. Didnt drink enough beer on either day to risk a sore head, thanks god ::)

The beers,
What I tasted were all very good beers, I feel the craft brewers done really well and most of them seemed generous. Special thanks to  F.well who always seem to hand a pint or two evenn though I dont know them all personally really, however I think my enthusiasm shines through. Personally I liked in this order:

1 F well stout
2 Sweetmans kolsh
3 Farmhouse rye pale ale
4 The IPA from Sam black via the hop thingy

The NHC stand, I was highly motivated by the numbers, cross section and enthusiasm of the people visiting the stand. So many new enthusiastic potential members keeping in mind theres no better p[lace to recruit, they have come to the show cos they are already motivated. There were noone less or more motivated however some stood out more than others. I met and chatted to a couple ( well retired) who head the wicklow/ Bray area Grow your own movement and they want to get brewing as well so South county look out for a pair of pensioners at your next meet.
The manager from the super craft pub in Skerries sent an invite any fri sat or sunday to drop in for a couple on the house Just  say you were invited at the rds.

Many others oozeed enthusiasm and Im confident the member stats will show  increase

Our beer at the stand:

I brought 3 kegs which were most definatly enjoyed thoroughly, wont name names but some drank more than others :) ;) :D ;D, great,  and I could see the punters enjoying it particualrly the easy drinking ales we provided. Other than the South Kildare tasters that we furnished the other members produced some lovely beers for the public to taste and as far as I can see about 10 kegs were polished off...thats a good result

The press,
Myself and Rossa done a press interview late on sunday, the reporter highly impressed by Rossa's manner and professionalism at an earlier occassion, I hunted out Rossa and we proceeded with the interview, the reporter hugely impressed with what we had to say. Rossa and myself seemed equally delighted with how it went.. Hopefully it will appear in the press or radio soon.

Moving on:

Looking forward to next year, looking to brewing more great beer and looking forward to our targeted potential new membership following the show.

Next Kildare brewday is coming up and its going to be a Hop Fest..... get ur asses along.
A take out from the show for us ( me and Kellie) was that it was mentioned again and again how much work, enthusiam and dedication we have for NHC and beer in  general. Many of you we worked with and met on the weekend recognise our great events and hopefully agree great beers as well. We continue to offer beer weekends incorporating great beers ready and not ready to taste, a group approach to what beers we make on the day and as usual a fab place, gardens and camping over. Dont be shy get down to us and see our vision and how we feel the brewing community can have a ball with agreat social hobby.

Regards Bren & Kellie