• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 16, 2024, 05:51:05 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Re: Club competition for Summer Session Beer finals

Started by admin, September 09, 2013, 08:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

September 09, 2013, 08:05:17 PM Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 11:37:43 AM by Il Tubo
Quote from: brenmurph on September 09, 2013, 08:00:02 PM
Lucan / liffy brewers arnt coming out to play on this one ::)  Can I  enter a beer in ur one?

You could organise the LB one? Personally I can't enter, not to say others aren't interested.

Sent from my ZX81

brenmurph

@ tube
Ive asked at the last lucan meet and ive posted at least 3 or 4 comments on this topic.. all ive got was "ask reuben, ask dodge" and so on Ive mentioned it at the last lucan and nobody jumped at it at all.
So theres no use havin a comp for 2 beers or 2 people. We would need at least 6 or 8 beers to make a meet of it and do some  blind judging and forward a beer to the finals.

Ive several beers I can enter. Dempsey was here with me all night, as usual ( we brew all the time) I stuck on another brew tonight, its a beetroot and ginger ale at 3.5%. I ve also got my coors clone, a liquorice ale and maybe one more that fits the low alc criteria.

Ill post on liffey and ask again

brenmurph

@ tube.. agree... :) but its not all about winning, its about driving the passion for brewing and helping less skilled develop this passion and encourage those with greater skills and experience to help bring on the ones with less.

I think its a great idea, whoever brought it up originally. maybe we can contiinue say a quarterly inter club comp, say an oktoberfest comp, a winter ale comp and so on.

delzep

I have some bottles of my 3.8% mild left I think. I like it but others aren't so keen though

brenmurph

Quote from: delzep on September 10, 2013, 12:08:31 PM
I have some bottles of my 3.8% mild left I think. I like it but others aren't so keen though

well itll do no harm, if we get a collection of low alc beers we can do a serious 1 hr session at LC next meet and have a genuine appraisal of any beers and see who's if any are good enough to go forward against some acknowledged good brewers in other clubs.
It is all about a bit of fun & further learning combined with a little bit of harmless rivalry

delzep

brenmurph

ok then we can do battle.. and wreck de shop if we dont win :) ;) :D

Dodge

Since I'm out of action I thought there would be more entrants.  :P

I like the idea of little club competitions. It broadens people's knowledge to brewing different styles that they may not usually brew.

Although I won't be at the next meetup I think all that have sub 4% beers should bring them for evaluation and submit the required to go through

Alex Lawes

Here sorry but I've completely missed all this competition lark and can't seem to find the original thread for what's going on.

May I ask sheepishly what I've missed here?

Would I have time to put on a brew and contribute to this if needed?