• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 03:09:33 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Temperature controlled space in exchange for 10 beers?

Started by DrowningManatee, October 06, 2013, 12:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrowningManatee

Hey guys, i just won a pilsner kit thanks to Lordeoin and 'get 'er brewed' - delighted!!

Thing is, im only realising now that one o the requirements was a temperature controller to keep it at 12C, which I dont have. Id happily carry a carboy outside and inside each day trying my best to keep the temp low/even, but if anyone could put up a space in a fridge if ye have some lagers in there already or something, I could give ye 10 o the beers as a thank you?

If not I suppose ill get onto LordEoin and tell him to raffle it again if he's not happy about me using the elements to keep the temp in check.

The kit says it's 4 weeks till drinkin so I suppose its probably not that important, but i feel a bit guilty now after seeing the controller as an entry requirement.

Anyhoo, just thought id ask in case...

Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

Eoin

Where are you based?

Sent using a complex system of semaphore and ninjas.

DrowningManatee

Im in sceilg ard out the headford rd (last estate on the left - like that horror movie) :)
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

irish_goat

Eoin

Ah Galway.... Ignore me. I'm Dublin.

Sent using a complex system of semaphore and ninjas.

Garry

Check the yeast when the kit arrives. I'm fairly sure it's an ale yeast.

If not, have you got a shed? The temperatures outside should drop to lager temps in the next few weeks.

DrowningManatee

yea, outside sounds like it could do the job garry.

I PMed Lordeoin there askin about the yeast - its a good question, im hoping its an ale, giving me the perfect excuse to brew away irish-goat :P
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

LordEoin

LordEoin

Me too, but if it needs to be brewed with the coopers ale yeast at least it will be true to the kit :)

Will_D

Just follow the instructions on the kit! Thats what the review is all about!

Very few kit brewers can do temp controlled fermentation so the yeast "should" be a suitable strain for Joe Prole!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

DrowningManatee

coolio guys, ill brew it to the standard of the kit so. Nice one :) that got me outta some hot water...

Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled: