• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 02, 2024, 10:06:26 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

problem mixed gas regulator

Started by DEMPSEY, October 07, 2013, 05:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEMPSEY

I have 2 of these mixed gas regulators and both seem to have the same issue so wondering if it is easy to fix.
There is 2 blow off valves on the reg and when I turn on the gas and keep the outflow to the beer keg closed,one of the valve clicks and starts letting the gas bleed off. Thinking it is faulty I removed it and replaced it with one from the second reg only to find it is doing the same :(. Coincidence ???. Has anyone got an idea what's wrong.  :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

magnethead

October 09, 2013, 03:45:13 PM #1 Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:56:46 PM by magnethead
Sounds like an internal one way valve/diaphram is failing..once back pressure builds up (you shut the beer side down) ...it can't hold and starts venting....

Looks fairly old  ;D like my Regs!!..When you open your gas, do you crack it nice and slow so the needle rises over a 2 second period...or just let it rip where the needle jumps and smacks the diaphram...shorting it's life...I was doing this until I wrecked one Reg and learned...I imagine you're doing it right since you've been in the game

but what I really came on to say was, Give the customer support at http://www.jemphrey.com/ a shout ;p they support all the Norgren Regs and have techy people there
call us on 028 91 812000 (from UK and Northern Ireland)/ 048 91 812000 (from Southern Ireland) to discuss your requirements

Let us know, if they give you a solution

P.S...I would stick a gauge on a tee piece at the outlet to give you the Keg pressure ;p That's what I did