• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 18, 2024, 08:31:25 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Vial Group Buy

Started by barkar, October 14, 2013, 11:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hop Bomb

Im happy to take three packs. Cheers Barry.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

montofk

I did! haven't quite yet figured out what I should be doing with them all yet.  Would there be any interest in making a making a yeast bank in Galway we could swap and trade? I see they do a bit of yeast swapping around Dublin, but it's a bit far to drive for us.
Would it be worth the effort in getting the required equipment? (or between a few of us if that's feasible?)..... A yeast I was looking at recently was the Edinburgh Scottish Ale yeast. 7quid + postage from HBC... Don't mind getting some but if the science is there to keep a bit aside for future then may aswell try and use it. if there's a few of us doing it we could get a fairly decent stock up here.   and vials would obviously be a required bit of kit.

DrowningManatee

I've a tiny freezer but thats plenty o room for some yeast vials, id be well into organising a group bank anyways. I was lookin at that scottish ale yeast meself steve, if you have it i might hold off. Ive some washed conan there anyway, just waitin to collect the vials (nice one barry :)) to go micro. They seem to be super handy for swaps etc.
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

barkar

Mick i left your yeast vials with Tom who was in for a while last night . The only person i have left to give out is a Misterburns and there is also a vial pack spare Steve- you said you might be interested although i think enda said he was willing to share with ye one of his packs (memory is hazy enuff as to what was agreed , ) i can drop in your Keg sometime this week preferably monday   

montofk

Great cheers Barry. I won't be back in work until 2nd or 6th of Jan if you'll be back in town again around then?, or you can leave my keg / vials with anyone in town if anyone's around and can hold them for me?

DrowningManatee

Nice one Barry, Ive some washed conan there to try gettin into the vials and get used to them. Cant wait to get a decent library of yeast on the go!
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled: