• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 05:51:21 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Timmermans Kriek

Started by admin, November 25, 2013, 07:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Very good lambic based kriek. A little too sweet maybe though. Having a bottle in The Headline atm.

Sent from my U9200 using Tapatalk 2

imark

you're gone kriek mad these days!

Eoin

Get yourself some cantillon in the Drinkstore then come back to us.

Sent from my HTC One

matthewdick23

alert alert

shane's account have been hacked.

cos shane doesn't like belgians

remember?

imark

Ah yes...you've nearly completed the kriek circuit now.

mr hoppy

November 26, 2013, 01:22:59 AM #5 Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:36:17 AM by mr happy
Quote from: Il Tubo on November 25, 2013, 07:45:36 PM
Very good lambic based kriek. A little too sweet maybe though.

Does not compute. Faro can be sweet. Lambic should never be (although too often it is).

Had Cantillon Kriek with the Christmas goose last year. Great pairing, I often find Cantillon metallic tasting but the fat of the goose balanced that so the cherries really came out in the beer and the acidity of the beer really cut through the fat of the bird. De Ranke Kriek (technically not a lambic) and Drei Fontenein are also excellent krieks.

For extra kriek geek points - have you had Girardin Kriek 1882? :D

imark

Timmerman like a few others do an Oude kriek and a sweeter kriek. The oude usually indicates less sweetened and usually higher alcohol.

delzep

I like the Boon Oude Kriek. Not too difficult to find here in good offies too (pricey though)

mr hoppy

Sorry, hope I didn't come off as a dick there, it's just overly sweet Belgian fruit beers are a bit of a pet hate.

Eoin

Quote from: mr happy on November 26, 2013, 05:18:07 PM
Sorry, hope I didn't come off as a dick there, it's just overly sweet Belgian fruit beers are a bit of a pet hate.

The sweet ones are a good introduction, but when you've had the real ones they just don't cut it.

Sent from my HTC One

Eoin

Like the tubmeister I broadly dislike Belgian beers.....

Sent from my HTC One