• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 11:28:15 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Best Beers in the World - how many have you had?

Started by admin, December 07, 2013, 01:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delzep

50 for me (plus I have a bottle of Alaskan Smoked Porter put away in the press)

Few dodgy ones on there....Hoegaarden....Leffe Blond....Mackensons Stout...Paulaner

Padraic

I think I've only had 43...

It's seems like a not great list alright, no zombie dust or Pliny.

irish_goat

48. Too many American ones on there are impossible to get here.

mr hoppy

63 (time spent in Canada drinking Unibroue paid off) but seriously there's some total sh@te on that list- Lindemanns and no Drei Fontenein, it's even got the Rogue Maple Bacon thing and no Brutal Bitter!

baphomite51

35 but i spent the summer in NYC coulda had more but just not enough time :(

#took a second look actually had 42, anyone ever have fullers porter is it hard to get i dont think iv ever seen it. or has anyone had shiner boch i thought that was dirt?

irish_goat

Fullers Porter is a bit rarer than London Pride and ESB but can be got. It's very tasty. They do Black Cab Stout as well but it's just ok.

delzep

London Porter is easier to find that ESB (in Dublin anyway). Tesco and Dunnes regularly stock London Porter....don't have ESB very often

biertourist

I agree about the quality of the list and it's US-centric view for sure.  Having said that, I'm at an even 100!  Woot!

The comment about Zombie Dust was surprising I didn't realize it had such a following for such a local brewery (they're my "local" when I'm back in the area where I grew up; Zombie Dust is pretty much Citra beer perfected).

If anyone still has some Westy12 around from the Brick sales you can trade single bottles of Westy with Americans for a whole stack of rare American beers; this is what I'm doing with my second brick. I've got 2 Heady Toppers, a Jai Alai from Cigar City, and a Six Point Bengali Tiger (although I wanted Resin) coming in exchange for ONE Westy12; and 2 random NW IPAs from off of the shelf at the local offie -lol!

Adam

CB_Phil

30, but some of them I wouldnt rate anywhere apart from down the drain!

Kieran the Human

Belzebuth paint thinner is on this list, also the two Rogue beers - 27
Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Ciderhead

"World's Best Beers.Not for the mass-market beer drinker. For the true aficionado and connoisseur."
Doughnut Bacon Ale, seriously Facebook, I had it in the states in Oct and its as bad as it sounds. 

Dunkel

So how about the best beers available in Ireland?

Ciderhead

Or the fact that we didn't have any on the list :(

CB_Phil

Quote from: CH on December 08, 2013, 02:39:44 AM
Or the fact that we didn't have any on the list :(

Exactly, wheres 8degrees knock me down Porter or their Kindred Spirit, Galway Bays Milk Stout & Porter or Dungarvin's Stout