• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 06:39:35 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Beer Glasses..

Started by The Bards Son, January 01, 2014, 09:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bards Son

Hi Guys

I dont know where to start with this topic so I guess ill just start with how I got into collecting/gathering glasses..About 20 odd years ago an aunt of mine gave me a Carlsburg glass that was shaped like an old horn with little lions feet on the bottom of it...After that anywhere I went on holidays I picked up a glass or two and took them home with me..(without bar owners consent mostly ;) )..Working in the states for a while i gathered up 10 or so old style pint glasses with nice engravings on them..Samual Adams,Petes Wicked Ale ,Harpoon Brewery etc
Over the years I have built up quiet a collection...Im really only interested in ones that have the beer names printed on them or different shaped ones..I have maybe 100 or so pint glasses,50 or so halves and a good few shot glasses
Today most of them are nicely wrapped up in newspaper in boxes in my attic but I do keep a few varied ones in my glass press for my beer consumption

My question is how many of you have a favourite glass you drink your beer from at home??
Is it any thing special or just one you like?
Do you have different glasses for different beers?
If ye can I suppose post up a picture of your Glass or glasses or even your collection if ya have one
Regards
Shane

The Bards Son

Will_D

Golly Gosh! They are really scarce those glasses!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Will_D

Any more of this and I will photograph:

My JG fittings collection

My BSP SS pipe fittings collection

Not to mention my TIG filler rods selction

or a large model railway stuff collection
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

The Bards Son

Quote from: Will_D on January 01, 2014, 10:59:49 PM
Any more of this and I will photograph:

My JG fittings collection

My BSP SS pipe fittings collection

Not to mention my TIG filler rods selction

or a large model railway stuff collection
Sorry.. I dont know what most of these are..excuse my ignorance...If you feel you need to share pics im sure its all good....
As regard the glasses I just put up a light post to see what other beer drinkers prefer to sup there favourite brew from..... didnt know there was a previous post on the same topic..Regards Shane
The Bards Son

The Bards Son

Quote from: iTube on January 03, 2014, 12:45:32 AM
Never mind about the previous post, no rules broken, this isn't boards.ie.

It's a fine collection you have but you're missing one particular limited edition one! ;)

I know.... They are nice and would be well suited in my collection if I knew only knew somebody that had two and wanted to share😜
The Bards Son

Weiss

Some of my favourite glasses...

"The world is my lobster"-Keith O'Neill.

lampie

I started collecting duvel glasses about 5 years ago.

Have 70 unique glases and total about 100.. Also got a lot of openers and other advertising stuff..

If you can make soup then you will also be able to make a decent beer!

Chris

I don't collect glasses but I have three Paulaner glasses In boxes if any one wants one for their collection.
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

Weiss

Another favourite I picked up recently.
"The world is my lobster"-Keith O'Neill.

fishjam45 (Colin)

Where could one get their hands on the National Homebrew Club Glasses?
Garden County Brewers

https://gcbrewers.wordpress.com/

fishjam45 (Colin)

Garden County Brewers

https://gcbrewers.wordpress.com/

delzep

The Lucan County have one (after I forgot it yet again!)

Pliskin

Do ya think they might still have some down in the county? I would love to get one! Going to post some pics now of my selection :) Been collecting for about 2 years now.