• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 19, 2024, 03:55:32 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Salthill

Started by admin, January 05, 2014, 12:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

What's it like at the moment lads after the weather? Is it out of bounds? I should be in Galway later.

montofk

I'm sure it's all navigable right now(bad choice of word?... you'll be driving rather than sailing!)...
There's another storm on the way tonight though (and high tides) so for Christ's sakes don't park near the sea .. I was down there the morning after the last clean up on Friday, cars sitting in water, rocks washed up on the pavement and road, sea weed spread all over the place, a shipping container the lifeguards use had blown over.  Wind has picked up from last nights dead calm, but nothing out of the ordinary for the moment. Watch out for later though.    A good night for Foam and Fury, watching the Foam and Fury!!

montofk

I would say the Oslo's still safe (as is the Salthouse) but just don't abandon your car near the sea overnight as some clowns seem to have done recently :) . I'm not sure how much clean ups been done since friday, but you might identify where's safe and where's not by a boundary line of sea weed around the place  :D 

Hop Bomb

Free parking everywhere on Sundays. Tomorrow morning will be the problem time as high tide is 8am. 20 foot swell @ 20 second period tomorrow & 4.7m high tide so the sea will defo spill over in Salthill & where I am in Oranmore. Il have to park the car a mile up the road & walk through the woods to get to it in the morning as my road out will be under water.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Will_D

Candidate for the Darwin Awards if I ever saw one!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

DEMPSEY

+1 for a Darwin award. Have they found the body yet so they can give it.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us