• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:17:14 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Galway Brewmasters

Started by St. Fursey, March 03, 2014, 10:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St. Fursey

Congrats to Barry and Kevin for taking home medals.  Recipes to come soon I hope.
Key was especially modest and was last seen comparing his medal with that of the Mayor of Galway in the Apple Green on the way home  - true story!

DrowningManatee

Fair play lads, well done!!
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

DEMPSEY

Congrats lads Nothing like showing off  :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

kev

Congrats lads! Great results!

montofk

haha... Yep I can vouch that's a true story!!
Should have got a picture! Too hungover to think of it.

I hope all the other winners were met en route by their local public representatives?!

St. Fursey

It was nice of the mayor to meet us half way though. If the weather wasn't so bad he'd probably have organised an open top bus and some sort of a parade

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

montofk

I'm sure we can organise something, maybe a few laps of the city on the tourist train...

MisterBurns

I'm on that train if Kev and Barry are giving out a few samples of the winning entries ..........

Kevco5

He's arranging the open top bus for the staint Patricks day parade!
To be quickly followed by a water cannon on loan from the PSNI with the water replaced by a blend of winning entries!

barkar

Thanks lads was a cool enough evening alright , sadly i was under orders to be back for takeaway by 9 so had to finish earlyish. Hopefully our barrel entry will do us proud on the 22nd , alot of work went into to it..., Dont think i will make it down to Cork - the choo choo aint a bad idea,

Hop Bomb

G'man lads! Had a bottle of kevs Cal Common & it was superb. What was the IPA Barry?
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

barkar

Thanks tom,  enterred 2 which were 2nd and 4th,  so don't know which one medalled , they 6.5% ish , I brought a bottle at the last meet up , base beer was the same, Columbus and simcoe, different dry hopping , one was chinook and mosaic, the other was simcoe Apollo , amarilo and centennial