• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 14, 2024, 03:32:01 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Untappd

Started by iain_todd, March 10, 2014, 02:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain_todd

So me, Chris, Shano (Tube) and Kaipee are all on untappd. It's a beer-checking-in app for your phone. Like Instagram, but for beers. If any of you fancy getting involved and adding us, do so! It's good craic and you can see what others are drinking in pubs near you. So would be good if on holiday or something to see what everyone's drinking in the nearby pubs.

Anyway, if it's your type of thing, go for it...

"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

sub82

Nay bad!

You should post this in the Beer Board?

Greg2013

Also should include what your names are on untappd especially if they are different to here. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Taf

Sorry in advance for being negative, but untappd updates have too be one of the most annoying updates on twitter for people not using untappd.

Greg2013

Quote from: Taf on March 10, 2014, 03:54:20 PM
Sorry in advance for being negative, but untappd updates have too be one of the most annoying updates on twitter for people not using untappd.

What's Twitter ?  :P
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Shane Phelan

Have to agree there, when I used untappd I didn't link them up for that very reason. Same goes for any application though, I couldn't give two ****s if you have done a 3.782km run or if you need a plank of wood for a shed in farmville.

I haven't used it in a while, I felt a bit ignorant in the pub when I was trying to select my beer, rank it, choose location etc...
Brew Log

Ciderhead

Oh so that's what that crap is ;)
I drink enough without publicly advertising the fact!

beerfly

March 10, 2014, 04:32:58 PM #7 Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 04:54:32 PM by beerfly
i dont post beer checkins to twitter unless its something special.  people in untappd will see them.
badge updates tend to auto post but after an inital burst they tend to be not that often

but more often then not i just forget about it

Taf

Now that you remind me, the badge updates are the most annoying part, as they serve no purpose at all from what I can tell.

sub82

Know what you mean but I unlinked twitter and untappd as I hate that sort of spam on twitter!

Ciderhead

Quote from: Tube on March 10, 2014, 06:19:02 PM
Shur twitter is very annoying. Some people are constantly tweeting, and it's all rubbish like "must put the bin out", "go on ya good thing" and so on.

I thought that was arsebook?
I find Twitter good for beer promos or whats on Tap, Headline 57 is a master at it and I find myself drifting there because of it. Damn those Mermaids :)

iain_todd

Aye when I first started I couldn't turn it off Twitter and my feed was just constant updates. Was really annoying. But now I've turned it off and I only bother people who give a shit!

:D
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan