• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 03:55:45 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Trappist Rochefort.

Started by Greg2013, April 16, 2014, 01:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

Trappist Rochefort beers,good/bad or just meh ? Have found a local shop beside WRH that stocks at least one of them along with Chimay and a few other belgians(but no JCVD in sight)  ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Qs

Its comes in 6, 8 and 10 varieties. I'm not bothered with 6 but 8 is very good and 10 is one of the nicest beers you'll get. Big fan of Blue Chimay too. If you like big tasty Belgians definitely grab a few. Especially that Rochefort 10, it really is amazing. Even nicer than Westy 12 in my estimation.

Dr Jacoby

Quote from: Qs on April 16, 2014, 01:59:18 PM
Especially that Rochefort 10, it really is amazing. Even nicer than Westy 12 in my estimation.

+1. It's the best of all of them IMO
Every little helps

Greg2013

Quote from: Qs on April 16, 2014, 01:59:18 PM
Its comes in 6, 8 and 10 varieties. I'm not bothered with 6 but 8 is very good and 10 is one of the nicest beers you'll get. Big fan of Blue Chimay too. If you like big tasty Belgians definitely grab a few. Especially that Rochefort 10, it really is amazing. Even nicer than Westy 12 in my estimation.

I have no experience of any of the Belgian Trappist beers so no clue whether i will like them or not, but thanks for the heads up.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Qs

I'd be surprised if you didn't. Just don't bring them on a session. They're best enjoyed at a nice leisurely pace. They're also very, very strong in terms of ABV but you wont taste it.

mr hoppy

Great beers, but too expensive - here. The yeast is a real goer if you build it up from a bottle of the 6.

Greg2013

Punk ipa can,dead pony can, roch 8 bottle, chimay blue bottle, adnams gunnells, and flying scotsman plus a small apple juice all came to 20.40 euro  ;D

Tom

Off to Dicey Reilly's tomorrow night. Hopefully make it before it closes. Your Trappist discussion has inspired me.