• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 10, 2024, 11:51:32 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

TOG Brewday - 22nd June

Started by Shane Phelan, June 11, 2014, 11:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane Phelan

Venue: Tog, Chancery Lane, Dublin 8 (www.tog.ie)
Cost: Free (Donations will be accepted, by tog or the capital brewers)

Format:
Brewing -  All Grain, possibly Extract. (I'm hoping that a couple of people will offer to brew, if not I will brew an experimental hop IPA)
Beers - I'll be bringing a few of mine, hopefully others can bring theirs
Building - Has anyone got anything they might like to build during the event (ie a stir-plate perhaps)?

Kick off at 10:30 (finishes around 4.30 depending on the complexity of the brew's), see you there!

01. Shiny
Brew Log

brian_c

01. Shiny
02. brian_c

Maybe I could film some of this?

Shane Phelan

Brew Log

Hingo

If I can sort out a lift with gear etc, I'll do an AG batch, leave it with me
Can show ya the homemade mash tun /double coil chiller

Shane Phelan

Thanks for stepping up! I have no lift this month so I would be looking at €30 for a return taxi if I brew.
Brew Log

Hingo

I'm not definite yet now, but hopefully can sort out somethin

ferg

Quote from: Hingo on June 11, 2014, 11:56:55 PM
I'm not definite yet now, but hopefully can sort out somethin

I would also offer but not sure I'll have the car that weekend!!

phoenix

Where do people need lifts from?
Ciaran

molc

Is this open to anyone from on here to come along too? Wouldn't mind popping my head in for a bit to see how an AG batch is prepared...
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

irish_goat

Quote from: molc on June 12, 2014, 11:41:26 AM
Is this open to anyone from on here to come along too? Wouldn't mind popping my head in for a bit to see how an AG batch is prepared...

New members always welcome.  :)

Hingo

I might be sorted with a lift into tog on the morning but still awaiting that to be confirmed

Quote from: phoenix on June 12, 2014, 09:20:34 AM
Where do people need lifts from?
Ciaran, I'm based in Rathfarnham, just up the road from Marley Park if it's in your vicinity? If not no worries

beerfly

im in work at 13:30  :(
i'll bring the hardness test kit i got so if people what to bring a sample of their water i can test it for you

phoenix

Quote from: Hingo on June 12, 2014, 12:21:08 PM
Ciaran, I'm based in Rathfarnham, just up the road from Marley Park if it's in your vicinity? If not no worries
Im in Rathmines near the canal there, couple of minutes drive or a 20 minute walk to TOG.

Could pick you and your gear up in the morning no bother, but I hadnt considered how you'd get it home. The chances of me being under the limit to drive after a brewday are, eh, unlikely. Id be dropping off at TOG then dropping the car home. Let me know if thats any use to you (or to anyone else on that route).

Ciaran
Ciaran

ferg

I'm in stoneybatter and I think shane is glasnevin..

Have a new mash tun myself that I'm gonna give a shot tomorrow and all going well bring it along... Could do the Belgian barrel recipe if shane could sort me out with the yeast??

Hingo

Quote from: phoenix on June 12, 2014, 01:21:45 PM
Quote from: Hingo on June 12, 2014, 12:21:08 PM
Im in Rathmines near the canal there, couple of minutes drive or a 20 minute walk to TOG.

Could pick you and your gear up in the morning no bother, but I hadnt considered how you'd get it home. The chances of me being under the limit to drive after a brewday are, eh, unlikely. Id be dropping off at TOG then dropping the car home. Let me know if thats any use to you (or to anyone else on that route).

Ciaran

Yeah man that would be great, I can always sort out a taxi back worst case scenario or get one of me mates to collect me at the end of the day. We could drop the equipment off at TOG, drop your car back and I'll get in the breakfast rolls / Tea/coffee for the walk back.

01. Shiny
02. brian_c
03. Phoenix
04. Hingo ( AG: Peanut Butter Red Ale)