• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 16, 2024, 11:36:18 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Bottling a berliner weisse:

Started by Hop Bomb, August 01, 2014, 12:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hop Bomb

Would you be docked points in a comp if you bottled a berliner in a green geuze bottle? Cant find anything online. Cheers

On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Rossa

Depends on the competition usually. Wouldn't be docked points though. They just might not take it as it is identifiable.

Hop Bomb

What do you do then with high carb beers that need thicker glass? Or lambics? Do they all have to be in 500ml standard brown glass?
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Will_D

Quote from: Tube on August 01, 2014, 02:50:11 PM
It's entirely up to the comp organisers to decide what bottles are/aren't acceptable.
And in the NHC nats. we accept most things don't we cahal?  O0
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Partridge9

Surely those brown Weiss bottles take high carb ?? Is it the caps that are a problem ??

Rossa

We were trying to get everyone to use 500ml Brown or green bottles last year. Certainly next year it would be preferable. There are heavy duty brown bottles that will take more pressure then the average. You can feel the weight difference.

RichC

Quote from: Partridge9 on August 05, 2014, 08:32:50 AM
Surely those brown Weiss bottles take high carb ?? Is it the caps that are a problem ??
A few years ago I collected and weighed a selection of bottles using weight as an indicator of strength. I think Fransiskaner were the flimsiest I collected. These days I carb hefes up to 3.5vols in just about anything
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=3542647