• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 10:44:27 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Cleaning the small bits of gunk from an auto siphon

Started by delzep, August 05, 2014, 07:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delzep

imark

I generally just pump oxi through and leave it soak for a while. Then disassemble and rinse.

Rossa

Quote from: imark on August 05, 2014, 07:10:35 PM
I generally just pump oxi through and leave it soak for a while. Then disassemble and rinse.

Same here.

brenmurph

Lidl oxy. The stronger the solution the better the result on stubborn grime. 1 scoop in my burco noiler with 20l water at 70c does a great job on bottles, however for stubborn grime make a dilution 1 scoop half litre at 70c and pretty much anything will dissolve including ur hands so wear proper gloves with this stuff. When finished add ur mix to a 19 litres water at 70c and start washin ur bottles:-)

JD

Pull a pea sized chunk of foam off a scrubby and inset it into the end of the syphon and pump some cleaning fluid through it. The fluid pushes the foam ball through the tubing, cleaning as it goes. Make sure it's not too big or it'll jam in the bend.

Greg2013

Delzep if you are still stuck pm me, i have some pure sodium percarbonate here i can post ya up a sample if ya want. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

delzep

Quote from: Greg2013 on August 08, 2014, 03:35:05 PM
Delzep if you are still stuck pm me, i have some pure sodium percarbonate here i can post ya up a sample if ya want. ;D

Look at Walter White here  ;D

I'll try the bit of scrubbing cloth first then get back to you  :)

Greg2013

No walter white here boss  :P Just got some in from the UK to try on carboys and kegs etc. , haven't actually used it yet as i still have a good stock of Lidl W5.  ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)