• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 04:21:53 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Galway Bay on the Brewing Network

Started by donnchadhc, August 18, 2014, 11:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donnchadhc

Just saw on Twitter that Galway Bay are on the Brewing Network tonight

DEMPSEY

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Hop Bomb

I sent GBB beers over with my mate a few weeks back for the show. I wonder how they'll get on with the monaghan accent  :D
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

DEMPSEY

after 43 minute of listening to shite talk they finally got to GBB and chris or as they say gaalwai brewery ;D. A good honest and frank listen much better than the often usual interview which can be very saccharine. Oh and the shite talk would sound perfect if you are already consuming beer at the time ;D.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

imark

Consuming beer while listening to them is mandatory.

donnchadhc

I love the show, easy listening on brewing that doesn't take itself too seriously. The NHC and homebrewers in Ireland in General got a great plug from Chris!

ronnieb

Bubbles

Great exposure for a great brewery. Looking forward to listening to it. Btw, the MP3 is available to download here:

http://thebrewingnetwork.com/shows/1121

Rossa

They have had some fantastic  in interviewees over the years. I usually just forward on about an hour until they pick up with the interviews. Some great pro advice and recipe info. Certainly my guilty pleasure.

Hop Bomb

I was tweeting them last night & they want to come over for NHC comp in 2015. Two of them are bjcp national judges. Any idea what dates the comp is on next year roughly?
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Rossa

Quote from: Hop Bomb on August 19, 2014, 04:48:23 PM
I was tweeting them last night & they want to come over for NHC comp in 2015. Two of them are bjcp national judges. Any idea what dates the comp is on next year roughly?

Time to start that discussion again. Last two years have been the start of March. We will get that discussion going soon and check the calendar for sports etc.

ColmR

Thought the interview was excellent. I'm a regular listener and I was proper proud to hear an Irish brewery on the session. Chris came across as a top brewer.

Great exposure for GBB. But interesting to hear their issues with bottling. Full Sail on tap (at Against the Grain) is one of the best beers I've drank, but I've found that the bottles have varied a lot in terms of quality. Hopefully this new bottling line that they're getting in will result in better consistancy and more importantly better availability.