• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 18, 2024, 01:27:32 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Sink the Bismarck

Started by admin, December 02, 2014, 11:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

December 02, 2014, 11:41:21 PM Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:47:43 AM by Dube
Had some this evening among a few of us in Lucan. Quite good, but a one off. Anyone else had it?

googoomuck

Had some in the sky and the ground in wexford, they also had tactical nuclear penguin. I liked it, very intense and yeah a once off beer. Now tactical nuclear penguin, that's a different story, like drinking a cross between, a refined buckfast and chocolate if ya get me.

googoomuck

Cheers for the hops, arrived today.

giacomo

Got the last sip of Tactical Nuclear Penguin at the Black Sheep and been looking for this one since :) clearly not a session beer (not just because of the alcohol content), but amazingly still "a beer".

Rossa

I've had both... A bottle of each and tbh you're better off buying some decent whiskey for the cost..albeit you may need to add a few bob.

irish_goat

Had some of it myself a while ago, I enjoyed it to a certain extent but as Rossa says, the money spent on a good whiskey would be a better choice. Nice to try as a novelty too though.

akavango

A couple year ago, I remember seeing those 2 on sale at the Abbott's Ale house off licence. The Sink the Bismarck was 80 euro a bottle and the tactical Nuclear Penguin was 65 euro.

Worth trying but not every day. Well whatever rocks your boat.

DEMPSEY

+1 on the buy a whiskey instead. Sometimes the just because you can does not mean you should applies to stuff like this.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us