• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 07:01:49 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Looking to try something totally different for Christmas

Started by winstonia, December 18, 2014, 11:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

googoomuck

La trappe dubbel, that's the beer that got me into craft/decent beer.

Hop Bomb

Quote from: delzep on December 18, 2014, 03:56:56 PM
Advertising your own product?  :o

Its a scaled up homebrew batch. An irish sour beer on draught. Worth a plug I think considering one of your NHC payed members brewed it  8)
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

mr hoppy

Smoked - Aecht Schlenkerla is your best option, The Marzen. And the weiss are both good. Brown Paper Bag has a gratzer out as well - more  summer beer thou
Sour - Rodenbach, 3 Fontenein, Cantillon all brilliant (the kriek is good with goose) and Liefmanns is good as well. The DeStruisse sour Ypres is good as well _ but even more expensive.

I've some Saison Dupont, Pannepot, Courage and Fullers RIS, Fullers Vintage, and Aventinus Eisbock stored away for the occassion.

delzep

Quote from: Hop Bomb on December 18, 2014, 07:16:07 PM
Quote from: delzep on December 18, 2014, 03:56:56 PM
Advertising your own product?  :o

Its a scaled up homebrew batch. An irish sour beer on draught. Worth a plug I think considering one of your NHC payed members brewed it  8)

Was a joke....

Jonnycheech

Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled:

baphomite51

i got heathen in against the grain tom, its a delicious beer i got some dark fruit flavours off it very unusual, fair play to ya.

a beer i had recently that blew me away was buxtons far skyline its a dry hopped berliner weisse really light and tropical its amazing id literally drink buckets of it
and ya cant go wrong with rodenbach grand cru or a cantillon

that smoked beer is revolting its the only beer i ever drain poured  :-[

mr hoppy

Aecht Schlenkerla is a funny one. It tastes disgusting the first time but it rewards persistence.

Just spotted the Cuvee de Ranke - awesome beer. More lambic in it than a lot of lambics.

Jonnycheech

Yeah really looking forward to the Cuvee de Ranke. 70% Belgian Sour - 30% lambic supposedly.
Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled: